In the mean time, while we wait for Gobby, or the baby, or both, we are keeping ourselves busy. I keep finding things I HAVE to get done before the baby gets here. You know necessities like cleaning out the camping box, cleaning out old cd's, dusting the ceiling fans, and cleaning behind the oven and fridge. My cleaning is baffling my husband and I'd venture to say he is not a fan of how the hunny-do list is basically never-ending for the past 2 weeks.
We've also been trying to cram in some last minute fun before this family of 4 turns into a family of 5! ( That just freaked me out...deep cleansing breaths...)
We took the training wheels off of Macy's bike and Rich showed her a few bike riding basics.
We spent an afternoon in Glacier! We built a fire, grilled brats, blew bubbles (Thanks Auntie Funny!) ate rice krispie treats, and played near the lake and river.
I'll NEVER get enough of Macy's hair.
Our little day site in Fish Creek.
We went to a fishing derby at a sports store in Kalispell, named Snappy's Sports Senter (not kidding) and Macy caught a 14 inch rainbow trout! I even have to toot my own pregnant horn and tell you I put the LIVE worm on the hook and cast it out of her... I'm so local Montana these days. Macy named the fish 'Cortizella' (Ella for short) and she was very proud of herself. After we celebrated our catch, we got it measured, cleaned, and then gave it to this cute little old lady who then became crazy super excited about having fish for dinner. It cracked us up.
This is was an underwater window where you could watch the fish being caught.
Why, yes, that's my manly hand holding a fish.
Luke wanted NOTHING to do with the worms, or the fish. He wanted to hold the rod, but then told me "this is too gwoss, mommy" and promptly gave it back.
She's obviously the most accessorized fisherwoman in all of Montana, and perhaps the world. :)
We've also been filling out time with swimming, doing little projects, some yard work, babysitting, and eating more Jersey Boys pizza than any human should consume.
Hopefully this baby will wait until Gobby's plane touches down in Montana, and then she is welcome to come anytime :)
No comments:
Post a Comment