Monday, April 15, 2013

...Family Spa Night...

Recently Macy has been OBSESSED with helping people "relax." She told me it was her calling :)

She watches My Little Ponies and while watching that show she learned that everyone has a special talent and when they discover what it is, they get a "cutie mark" on their leg, representing what it is. Then they live their whole live magnifying that special calling.

She's been doing a little soul searching lately and my little red headed pony-wanna-be discovered her special talent about a month ago! She believes her special talent is "making people feel good and nice and relaxed."  This includes a talent for rubbing people's feet, hands and legs with lotion, then wiping all those parts with a warm wet cotton ball. :) She also likes to paint toes, and give massages.

In true pony fashion, she has even designed a cutie mark to go with her "calling."

This my friends is the cutest, cutie mark of all...a bottle of lotion :)
 
 
last week, Macy and I were inspired by her calling and decided to have a family spa night, and get to practice a lot of her special talents.
 
The kids and I set up everything while Rich was at work, so when he got home the other night, he walked straight into the Knappy Hair Salon...
 
Side note: My dream in life is for Rich to quit his job and then we both go to hair school, and then open our own business called Knappy Hair Salon. You KNOW it would work and you'd come get your hair done, and you'd love it.
 
We made a salon sign and a list of services.

 
First up...a shave. :)
 

 I would never let a 3 year old near my face with a razor...Dad of the year right here!


 Choosing what services to get and paying the salon owner...moi!

 Scrub a dub dub...



 Macy REALLY wanted mud masks...

 I love this series of pictures because right after this next picture Luke said " Whoa! Your face is GWEEN!"
 
Then we told him, so was his, and we captured him, delightedly saying " WHAT?!"
 
Then embracing the green faces :)
 
Last service of the night was a foot rub.



After we had finished and cleaned up I asked Macy "Was spa night so fun??" to which she replied, "Mom, I LIVE for the spa!"
 
A girl after my own heart :)


4 comments:

Trent and Steph said...

To say I love this would be an understatement. Love the Knapps!!!

angela said...

you guys are awesome. 'nuff said.

laura said...

Um, this is the cutest thing I've seen in a long time.

A Lady Reveals Nothing said...

Does she do dead skin removal? (Asking for a friend.)