Sunday, April 28, 2013

...#20 and #23...

Well, well, well... I just took a look at my 30 before 30 checklist and got just a tad bit overwhelmed!!

So far I've completed #3- Run a 5k with my BFF and #13- Get pregnant with Baby #3.

And folks, I'm tickled pink to announce that I've crossed two more off the list! #20- Get a facial and #23- Finish my kids baby books!

Allow me to elaborate...

#20- Get a Facial.

Rich woke me up way back in December, (on my 29th birthday!) at 7:45 in the morning and said "Happy Birthday! You gotta go!" I groggily asked where I had to go and he told me to just brush my teeth and get in the car. I was so confused. I did as I was told and he walked me outside and watched me get into our car. On the seat was a present and a white paper. I looked over the paper and it was directions to Amore Salon in Kalispell and it let me know I had to be there for an 8:45 surprise appointment! WHOO HOO! :) I opened the present and it was a SUPER cute new wallet with money in it (YES!) and instructions to spend that money on a drive thru trip to Starbucks for a yummy pumpkin drink and scones on my way to the salon! (DOUBLE YES!)

I was giddy as I jumped back out of the car and kissed him thank you and good bye and set off to the salon! I got there with my yummy drink and a woman was waiting for me at the front door! She walked me downstairs and let me know Rich had booked a facial and a pedicure for me! YAY!!!!!!

The facial was HEAVENLY. I had no idea you could be so relaxed and not asleep! I loved, loved, loved it. Of course the pedicure was magic as well and I basically couldn't stop smiling the whole time. I don't take the time or money to treat myself to beauty treatments ( apart from getting my hair done every 10ish weeks) so it really was a crazy special occasion. I think I may ask for making a facial my standard yearly gift! If you've never had a facial, save your pennies and treat yourself! In fact, I'll save my pennies and go with you! :)

#23- Finish my kid's baby books.

They are done! Both kids baby books are COMPLETELY filled out (to date) and have all the coordinating pictures, clippings, dates and what have yous all in place. I realized with this upcoming baby I will have MORE work to do, and I will have to fill out Macy's first day of kindergarten, and 5th birthday BEFORE my 30th birthday, so I will have to re-visit this one to make sure they are all up to date FOR REAL by my birthday. :) But for now...they are done! :)

I am working on #25- Read 8 books, and I have 3 under my belt. I'm writing little book reviews on them and will publish them all when I hit 8. I also plan on starting #2- Learn the evolution of dance and #19- Become well versed in the art of yoga as soon as this baby exits my body. I figure both should help me shed some pounds in order to meet #10- Lose 30 pounds by 30.

Then I'll only have 22 things to finish in 7 months. That is totally do-able with a newborn and having to move right??? Totally?

No comments: