Tuesday, May 12, 2015

...Loveland Living Aquarium...


One of the reasons we love Utah is how many fun, family friendly things there are to do here. There's always festivals, openings, exhibits, fireworks, parades, and the like, all ready for families to come check out.

Something we've been really looking forward to was the opening of the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium. Rich and the kids are OBSESSED with places like this. I could do without the snakes and spiders and things of that nature, but I love seeing my family's faces light up when they see new cool things.

Crazy lucky for us, we were invited to a very small private even being held opening night. The event started at 5:30pm, and the aquarium closed to the public at 6pm. When we walked through the doors, we entered one of their event rooms and the first thing we noticed was that one entire wall was made of the glass that separated us from the sharks, and fish and other marine creatures. I immediately started mentally designing an "under the sea/little mermaid" themed wedding reception. (I have great ideas for that...call me if that's your thing)

There were a few hors d'oeuvres and an ice cream sundae buffet (!) We spoke with a few people, grabbed a glass of basil lemon infused water, and headed out of the event room and into the super cool aquarium. :)


We had a blast, and we feel lucky to have been invited to such a cool event!










No comments: