Friday, November 13, 2009

...pay attention...I'm all over the place...

Just as I sat down to write this post, Macy walked up to me with SIX lighters and said " LOOK! Fire Bo-Bo's!" um... I think I need to take some parenting and childproofing classes...BTW, if Macy doesn't know a word she says Bo-Bo....For example she knows lighters produce fire, but she doesn't know what to call it...hence... Fire Bo-Bo. I wonder if that is normal :) She also pointed out that the red one is "Hong Se" which means "red" in Chinese. So, my w year old speaks better Chinese than me. I'm pretty sure that is NOT normal. :) However my red headed Chinese speaking husband, is uber-proud.

I went to the OB doctor today and found out that in my 25 weeks of being prego I've gained three pounds... well I lost a pound at the beginning and since gained 4 pounds so that makes me up 3 pounds total from when before I became pregnant. I asked the doctor if he would please hang my picture on the wall as patient of the year :) He said of course he would... Also, don't worry everything is 1000% on track, baby is kicking butt, growing bigger and bigger, right on schedule. My goal is just to not qualify for the biggest loser the day after I gave birth :) Doc says if I gain NO weight at all that is perfectly fine since I already have a good amount of "cushioning" muahaha. CUSHIONING! This also got me thinking... we are we SO proud of chubby people that lose weight, or in my case, manage to not gain much weight during pregnancy but we are not as quick to praise skinny people who go through life not gaining any weight. If a 300 pound woman told you she just lost 10 pounds, you'd be inspired, thrilled, and heartily congratulate her! If a 100 pound skinny girl came up to you and said " I haven't gained a pound in 10 years" you'd likely call her a nasty name and punch her in the face. AM I RIGHT? Yes I am .... so start applauding the skinny people in your life. :) I'm not one of them... but I'm sure you can find one :)

Speaking of weight, I just made TWO, REALLY yummy dips. Go HERE to get the recipes... I made the Pumpkin Fluff Dip and the Buffalo Chicken one... HOLY YUMMY!!!! I highly suggest them BOTH.

Also another random side note.....Almost everyday, Macy and I play a bunch of games at http://www.starfall.com/ . She is obsessed with all of them and they are super educational so that is good, too! :) Her favorite is the "GingerBREAD Man" game which she calls the "GingerBLACK Man Game" I have corrected her over 50 times, but she insists that cookie is a black man.... whatever.

That's all I have for you people in my crazy brain today.... I know this is all super random...but I need to keep in the habit of blogging...one of these days I'll post a good one!

5 comments:

Kimi D said...

if you've only gained 3 lbs while eating those dips...you get my praise girlfriend!
~kim denney

Julie and Kyle said...

i just barely made that buffolo chicken dip... however, i thought i invented it. hmm.

bonus on the only gaining 3 pounds. awesome! i've gained 30 to date. no joke. kellie, im a cow.

anyway, loved the post. skinny people are over-rated!

~SHERI said...

we LOVE that website! I can't wait to see the baby! Hurry up already!

Unknown said...

3 1bs?? You rock!! Don't you love the other Christy Denney's food blog? She's amazing and constantly making new yummy treats! Hope you guys are doing great! Miss you and hope to see you soon!!

andrea said...

I'm avoiding going to bed, so I was on Lacey's blog and clicked on yours because you make me smile.

When I had my girl 2 yrs. ago I only gained 5 pounds over the whole pregnancy. I had gained like 10-15 lbs. right before I became pregnant, so over the course of 9 months the weight just shifted from my butt to my belly. The deliver nurse was concerned as she filled out a form about my pregnancy, but my doctor never worried. I didn't try to diet while prego, I was just extra healthy in my habits and my baby came out at 7 lbs. 9 oz.

Sorry it's this is so long, it happens when I'm tired.