Today a bunch of girls from my church went to SLC to the conference center for the General Relief Society Meeting... it was SUPER amazing, inspiring, fun...all that stuff! We got there at 530 and it didn't end until 8, making that a VERY long time for Kellie Knapp to sit still/keep quiet, SO by the closing song right before the closing prayer, I ( along with my row of chickas...) got a little chatty...SO this sassy, older, bouffant haired, classic relief society loving, grandma woman in front of us turns around.... and I kid you not, gives us the sternest, rudest, sassiest GLARE and it was LONG!! She wasn't messing around!!! She was making her point known!!! I met her gaze and she didn't even back down! All she gave me was a little "shh" and a disapproving shake of the head and I LOST IT... I could not stop laughing. It was like a movie or something! It was just SO obvious and stereotypical pissed old lady and I couldn't contain myself. I giggled all through the prayer and I kept thinking" Kellie you are almost 25 years old... pull yourself together and stop it!" but I was shaking and a teeny tiny snort that escaped me, just got me going all over again... Even now I'm laughing because I am picturing this woman... So I get the irreverent giggling punk award...thank you so much!
...a years worth of my silly kids....
12 years ago
2 comments:
I can't believe we got "shushed" at the General RS Meeting! It was pretty dang funny...
OH man Kellie- that is funny!
Post a Comment