I updated the little info section on the right side of this blog about the kiddos. Take a gander if you just can't get enough of my offspring.
Please vote regarding my new font on the poll on the right. I really can't decide if I like it or not. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
I found out today that one of the kids in my church class is moving away. I started bawling and immediately felt stupid. After all it's just another crazy snot nosed 3 year old right? I think I realized today that when you serve in any capacity,( and for me especially when it comes to church) you are blessed with not only the strength to do it, but a love for those you serve. I really love the kids in my class. I wish they all came every week.
I'm starting SEWING LESSONS! Well I guess they aren't formal lessons, but a woman at my church who is super, crazy talented has offered to get together with me and my friend Brinn on Thursday nights and help us work on some projects and also show us some basics like pj's, place mats and the like. I'm also hoping to do this Halloween quilt to the right --->. I have this disorder where if I get something in my head like a certain food, something at store, a trip, a WHATEVER it is and I decide I want it/want to do it. I HAVE TO. This little quilt to the right has fallen victim to my disorder. I saw it on a friend's blog a few weeks ago and it won't leave me alone. Come hell or high water, rain or shine, in sickness or in health, till death do us part, I will make this quilt. I'm guessing it will take me 4 years from start to finish. But finish it, I will. I'm obviously not using those same fabrics, but guaranteed they will all be fun, fabulous and most of all yellow based. :)
3 comments:
You can do it! What you can't tell is that the eyes are all buttons, by the way. But I'm sure the pattern indicates that. You could call my mom for tech support if you need...
I'm Sarah's sister--she forwarded your blog because of my mom's quilt. I'm starting to sew and quilts scare me! But if you're looking for an easy project, I've made some cute dresses for my girls from Simplicity 5695. Easy summer dress, and no buttons or zippers!
Also, would you consider moving to North Carolina? It's beautiful here, and we need an awesome Sunbeam teacher! Sunbeams is a hard class, I love that you love it so much.
Once again I'm wishing we lived closer so we could do stuff together. My sister in law helped me make a quilt for each of my kids and it was so much fun. It was scary, but I was so proud of my non-seamstress self when they were done.
Post a Comment