Saturday, January 8, 2011

...why?...

Macy is entering the inquisitive portion of childhood. Over the past week she has asked me EVERYTHING... She went numero dos in the potty last week... a ONGOING STRUGGLE in our home... and when she flushed she asked "where is the poop going?"

That's when it all started.

Since then she's asked where the water from the tap comes from, where we store gets all the food, why is there a sun, why does Iris live next door, and what happens to the food that we chew and swallow. I told her we swallow the food, it goes into our stomach, our body takes energy from it and then we poop whatever is left. She look at me horrified and said, " oh that is disgusting" 

Just now in the bath she asked " Why is this the bathroom" I explained that this is the room where we take a bath, so it's the BATH ROOM. She looked interested and then asked " Why is that my bedroom?" I told her because that is the room where your bed is, so it's your BED ROOM. Then she looked REALLY interested, pointed out the door of the bathroom and said " Then why is that the hallway?" HOW DO I ANSWER THAT? That's the way where the hall goes? ugh. I told her I wasn't sure and that she should ask her dad. Then she pointed up and with a sly smile asked "Why is that called a roof?"

Ugh... Again, go ask your Dad. I'm scared that the progression of questions will get crazier and crazier... I will keep you updated.

2 comments:

The Erickson Family said...

I wish I could say she'll be over that phase soon, but...she won't. Spencer is constantly asking questions about anything and everything! It is exhausting.

Michelle McKinley said...

I have to say I don't miss that stage. It drove me CRAZY!!