Saturday, January 15, 2011

...big night out...

Since I STILL cannot bend, lift, or twist when I'm with my children, I have to be constantly accompanied by a capable adult who CAN bend, lift and twist. Rich's parents have been oh-so-generous enough to come up and take super good care of us. Renae came up alone for the past 7 days and last night we took her to the airport to fly home on the plane that was bringing Clive up to stay for a whopping THREE WEEKS. How nice is that?! Anyways, we had about a 2 hour layover between dropping Renae off and picking Clive up since the plane was late and we wanted to give them a few minutes to kiss and hug and tell each other how much they did and will miss each other during this entire month apart...

Even though our anniversary was yesterday, we celebrated the previous night by getting all swanktified and going to dinner at the Whitefish Lake Golf Course restaurant... that is a really long name. We had spinach salad, filet Mignon au poivre, horseradish potato cakes, really tasty spaghetti squash, white truffle mac and cheese and had NO room for dessert! We sat next to a blazing real, for real, popping and crackling Montana fire and whispered sweet nothings into each others ears. Ok I'm kidding. We really just yapped about lovely things that had nothing to do with potty training, little einsteins, diapers, and the like. I even chose this 5 year mark to clue my husband into the fact that I wear my wedding jewelry EVERY time we go to dinner for our anniversary. I've ONLY worn them on my wedding day and the 5 celebratory steak dinners marking the occasion since. He said he had never noticed, and I TOTALLY believed him :) Renae was so, so, so nice and had a pizza party with the kids while we went to dinner ALONE, which rarely happens so THANK YOU.  :)  My friend Brinn did my makeup. She rocks it. She used to work with Trish McEvoy and can whip your face into seriously hott shape...She even gave me some killer mac lashes and some really cute lip gloss... LOVE HER. I'm pretty sure I'm going to take up wearing false lashes, every day. I'm obsessed and in love. P.S. Free shipping at MACcosmetics.com this whole weekend for those of you that are just like and have to live in the middle of the forest without a mac counter.

Back to my point. Since we celebrated Thursday, we pretty much treated our actual anniversary like any other day, just with more cutesy instant msgs all day with extra x's and o's. In the 2 hour layover while we waited for Clive's plane, we went to ....wait for it... COSTCO. It was a super productive night. I used some Christmas gift cards and got this super delicious looking cookbook.
And since I'm on a constant mission to at least ATTEMPT to lose weight, I felt a tad guilty getting a naughty cookbook like this, so I made it up to my waistline by picking up this cookbook as well...
I'm REALLY excited about both, and figure I'll use the casserole one on Sundays and the skinny one the other 6 days of the week. OR at least that is what I tell myself :)

Then we went and did some food shopping and put in some community service time by mopping up the Costco floor....with our three year old...

...here's the hard worker...
You're welcome Costco...I'll send you the cleaning bill.

No comments: