I've been a married woman for FIVE years now :) Five FABULOUS years. When I say fabulous I mean hard, easy, crazy, peaceful, joyful, exciting, busy, hectic, chaotic, insane, eventful, growth filled, fun but most of all BEAUTIFUL.
The last five years have included SO much... allow me to elaborate. We kicked this party train off with the biggest most fun wedding I've ever been to ( if I do say so myself) and it's continued to be one big party. Lets break down the numbers. Since we've been married we've lived in 2 states and 3 cities, traveled to 14 states and 8 countries, moved 7 times ( in 5 years?!?!), made two babies, got 6 epidurals (thank you very little to my scoliosis) had 3 jobs, ( 5 if you count mine before I retired :) been to Target 1,649 times ( approx :) ) made FIVE 911 calls, 4 visits to the ER, had one back surgery, 47 "heated arguments ( ok, maybe more), and we are proud to report that no one has ever slept on the couch.
Marriage is no walk in the park... it's more like running sprints in the park... in Arizona... in the middle of August :) The thing I love about marriage, is that when you hit a bump in the road, you work it out. There's no quitting or leaving, you just work it out. I also love that when you do fight, it's not just for nothing. You are working things out to BUILD a marriage, it's not like you are putting all this effort into something that won't be there in 10 years because it will! ( in some cases it wil be there FOR-EH-VER :). Every obstacle you overcome and hurdle you jump has meaning and just makes your marriage more bulletproof!
Um, I sound like a life coach or motivational speaker.... let me just jump off this soap box/high horse real quick....
Ok... bottom line. Marrying Richard Knapp has made me the happiest girl in the whole wide ever lovin world. It's been a BEAUTIFUL five years, and like Rich said this morning when he instant messaged me... five years down, only 1045865412058945621456333 years to go....

2 comments:
Aww. Happy Anniversary! :) and you could totally be a life coach/motivational speaker. ;)
Beautiful post. Again, I'm thinking of the cracked clock on my wall from one of those infamous arguments :)...
Post a Comment