Tuesday, March 4, 2008

We LOVE Grandma!

This smokin hot lady, showcasing my bro in laws glock, is Rich's Grandma. She recently died at the age of 94, after living an amazing life full of kindness and service. It was so amazing to know her and just listen to her!! I decided since so many of our family members read our blog (as I found out this weekend) I would list our favorite grandma memories...

She used to live in the same apartment complex as Elder Faust and President Hinckley. Her apartment windows happened to be directly across from Elder Fausts, so we'd spy on Elder Faust sometimes...maybe that's bad, but the funniest part is she'd say, "wait let me get my binoculars so you can get a better look!!!"

We asked her for parenting advice once and she said, "well do you have two cars?" and we answered yes, and she said "you'll be just fine then." ??? haha.

Once we were watching tv and someone was eating a cheeseburger but using donuts as the bun. we were freaking out at the grossness and she said, "I'd like to try that." HILARIOUS!

During Thanksgiving, before we got married, we were reading a LDS book that was recommended to us that explains "special" stuff that married people do and the emotional stuff about it too :) We had it at my parents in law's house and Grandma was there. We woke up one morning and she was READING THE BOOK and it was turned to the very very explanatory part of the hibbidy dippidy. We were kinda giggling and she looked up from the book and say " oh boy, I REALLY wish I would have had this when I was first married!!!"

WE LOVE GRANDMA!!!

3 comments:

Britney said...

What a funny lady! What was that book you were reading? I read one like that last year, and it was very interesting (actually I listened to it on CD while I was driving). I wish I had read it before I got married. Anyway, to answer your question, all of the bodies were Asian at the thing we went to. I think they're all the same, they just move them around to different places. And I can't imagine going to that thing while pregnant. It made me a little sick, and we ate pizza right after.

Cyndi said...

I love grandma's too. They are the best. Thanks for sharing. By the way any grannie that would hold a glock is great in my book!

Jeff and Holly said...

The picture of your grandma is hilarious. Tonight is makeover night on Americas Next Top Model if ya want to watch it with me.