Monday, March 5, 2012

...Disneyland, god-bless...

I L-O-V-E Disney anything and everything.

Well... I take that back. I don't wear shirts with Winnie the pooh applique on them, but I appreciate seeing someone else in one.

My BFF Funny Jones, shares my obsession and love for Walt, his little mouse friend and their empire. Back in college we started saying "God-Bless", very reverently and quietly, after we said or heard the word "Disney." I can't exactly remember why we started that, but I think she knew someone that said "God-Bless" anytime anyone said the word "Texas." We figured, Texans have state pride and WE had Disney pride. I love that we are creeping up on the age of 29 (!?!) and we still do it. In fact she just text me while we were at Disneyland last week and it said "Are you having a magical time at Disneyland?? (God-Bless)" I think my husband thinks it's sacrilegious, and you may too, but we love it and ideally we'll carry on this tradition for the the rest of our Disney lovin lives.

Speaking of husbands, I was lucky enough to marry a hottie who loves Disney too. We spent 7 days at Disney world for our hunnymoon, and even had our first dance at our wedding to "When You Wish Upon Star." It was a smart, yet cheesy, move as we hear that song often at random times and places. ( 50% of the time, accompanied by fireworks!) Getting to hear it so often reminds us that we are crazy in love....as in I'm crazy, but he still loves me. Since we met, almost 7 years ago, we have visited Disney World once, and Disneyland 5 times. So roughly, we have had the joy of  Disneying it up, once a year since we've met. Oddly enough, I find our frequency of visits, both excessive and necessary. Especially considering we live in Montana and it takes planes, trains, and automobiles to get there!

However a sad day has come at the Knapp house. I think we've just taken our last Disney trip for quite some time. We wanted to make sure we snuck in one more flight before our stinker Luke turned 2, and we'd have to start paying for his flight! His 2nd birthday was the 28th and we flew home from California the 27th... take that Allegiant Air! Plus Montana winters will KICK YOUR BUTT if you don't fly south for the winter at some point to get some SUNSHINE, so off we went for some fun in the Disney (G-B) sun.

HIGHLIGHTS of the trip....
3 whole park hopping days at Disney! We've never done 3 days with the kids and I HIGHLY recommend it with little kids! No pressure, just nice and easy, take you time, fun!

We met up with the Fedrizzi bunch for an afternoon! My cousin is a photographer at the park, so she knows all the inside scoops on Disneyland. She landed killer seats for the parade, and the BEST PART OF ALL, is that her boyfriend is ALADDIN! He blew us (and by us, I mean her) big kisses during the parade while we whooped and hollered and cat called him :) AND the kids each got a plush Mickey and Minnie from Aunt Carrie! Thank you Auntie Carrie! They eat, sleep and breath those things STILL! It was so fun seeing you all ( especially hottie JD in uniform!) and being with Nana when she got to meet the fabulous Tinkerbell! YAY!

Macy got the surprise royal treatment when she was standing in front of the Castle and Sleeping Beauty walked straight up to her. Princess Aurora asked her all sorts of magical questions and gave the both kids big hugs and took pictures with us! Then although a big crowd had formed, she just took off! It was like a drive by princessing and we loved it.

We met up with one of my college BFF's Cody and his wife Robin on one of our non-Disney days. We got to meet their insanely magically cute baby, Alivia, and I got the chance to get to know Robin better...turns out I freaking love her. They took us to a super pretty beach that made all of Rich's California lovin' dreams come true. Then we went to Ruby's Diner for some yummy dinner. FOR REALS I think they have a Ruby's in heaven. They HAVE TO...It's seriously slap yo mama GOOD. We had a great time so make room Orvin Family, cause we are moving in!

I had two celebrity sightings whilst at the parks....the first was Kyle Richards who is Paris Hilton's aunt AND one of the housewives of Beverly Hills.. I was in real housewives HEAVEN. The SECOND, even better one, was J LO! Good ol' Jenny from the block was at Disneyland with her kids a 5 billion body guards/entourage. She is WAY smaller in person and has WAY less hair. It was really thin compared to how full it looks on Idol. I didn't take pictures or stalk them, as I have a "don't bug famous people" policy.

LOW LIGHTS!
Only two low lights. The flight there and the flight home.

BOTH were FIVE HOURS delayed. We didn't leave Montana until 1:20 AM which put us in our hotel in Orange Country at 4:45 in the bloody morning. But not before Macy threw up all over Rich ON the airplane. Wanna make fast friends? Then don't let your kid throw up on an airplane at 4 in the morning. We got about 47 death stares.

Like I said, the return flight was 5 hours delayed as well and that meant we had to entertain a 2 year old and a four old in LAX for 6 hours. We landed back in Montana at 1:20 in the snowy morning. I think I have permanent bags under my eyes from this trip. BUT IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!!!!

Enjoy a million a few pictures...

I love this picture. I also love that there is a some little girl sitting behind Rich using him as a water shield! Macy and Rich got SOAKED. 

 Monstro at the Storybook Village ride.

Hott cousin Kira! I should have snapped a picture of Aladdin!

The heat and the running around knocked my kids on their butts! All three days we went to the parks, the kids each took at least an hour nap. It was fun to sit in a shady spot and people watch while the little people snoozed.

Family Photo... :)

She LOVED Autotopia.

 I never post pictures of myself, for obvious reasons, but here I am with Luke, trying to convince him that Dumbo is a cool ride.

Dad and Luke on some Bugs Life ride...I love them!

This would be a good time out spot.

Luke, his unusually curly hair, Pluto, and some kid.

Macy's magical encounter with Sleeping Beauty. Luke ( who is the stroller behind me) was CRUSHING on Princess Aurora. :)

Rich's favorite beach EVER and my daughter, using, what I'm sure, is a bird flu infested feather. ( thank for the joke, Cody).

Soaking in the California sun and ocean, while soaking her clothes!

He looks like he's having fun, but he actually HATED the water. HATED it.

Don't they just look like they could make the cover of the next Disneyland brochure??? haha...NO.

The second cursed 5 hour delay. I have no idea who those people are, or what there names are. All I know is they kept my children entertained for half the time and I kept their children entertained for the half the time. 

Like I said, it was ALL worth it to see my little hoodlums running around
having the time of their lives. 

3 comments:

Trent and Steph said...

LOVE!!!!!! I'm so happy you got to go and have a blast. So magical. I LOVE DISNEYLAND....God Bless :)

Drea said...

It sounds like you had so much fun and I loved looking at all the pictures!! So glad you posted!

Kristin said...

I love Disneyland (seriously we were meant to be friends). When we were little, my brother used to say he would go there on his mission. Come to Disney World (8 hours from us) and we'll meet you there! (Well, maybe we should get a job first.) At least you weren't flying standby. Trust me, it's worse! Miss you!