I keep thinking because it's been EONS since my last post, that when I do finally blog, it should not only knock your socks off, but your pants as well. However you should know that I'm blogging today and it's just going to be one of those regular run of the mill posts where none of your clothes fly off. So keep your pants on.
"WHY HAVEN'T YOU BLOGGED!?!?!" Is the question I've heard most from family and friends since September 29th. So... allow me to answer that question... with a blog post about it. Killing two birds with one blog-a-licious stone.
I'll be answering this question in a three part blog series. Why? Because no one wants to read a post the size of Texas, and if I break it up into 3 parts, then I already have 3 posts lined up and that saves me from having to think " Well WHAT THE HECK am I going to blog about????
Why haven't I blogged? Because I've been knock you on your butt, busy. I've been busy throwing things, obsessing about things and changing things.
Today we'll cover throwing things...
I threw Macy a 4th birthday/Halloween party! It was a blast.
The party helpers and my messy kitchen...
The pizza and root beer aftermath...
She loves skeletons and frosting...
Instead of making a cake, I had the kids frost and decorate their own cupcakes, then I pushed them all together, stuck in some candles and VIOLA!
Get your mummy on...
Mummified.
Luke and Pumpkin Ghost Bowling...
I want them at my next birthday!!!
Favors!
...and of course no birthday would be complete without getting silly stringed by your parents...
I threw my neck out last week. For 4 days I looked like my right ear was stuck to my right shoulder. Google diagnosed me with Torticolis. Eight days later, I feel much better, however I am SICK AND TIRED of my spine giving me drama. P.S. It's been 14 months since my back surgery and I'm grateful and happy to report I'm good as new...praise be to modern medicine, my surgeon, my family, and the most importantly the big guy upstairs.
I threw a fun Halloween...
Kellie's (left) Rich's (right) It's deeply embarassing that Rich's is better than mine...
Butterfly Princess...
We recycled Macy's costume from 2 years ago and Luke was in monkey loving heaven.
Scavenging for loot.
I co threw our ward Christmas party. Complete with Minute to win it Christmas games, yummy treats, raffle prizes, and fun for all ages. I have no pictures of that since it was such a great time, everyone forgot to take pictures. I threw it with my friend Laura, who is pretty much who I want to be when I grow up. During the party I was a hot and sweaty mess, and she was just calm, cool, collected and fun. Must. Take. Notes.
I helped throw a wedding....and by helped I mean I got my hooligan children there on time, in fancy clothes, and no one was poopy or crying. Macy was the Flower Girl and Luke was the Ring Bearer. Just wait till you see these joy inducing pictures. The wedding being MY SISTER KACIE'S WEDDING! I have no pictures of it, as her photographer is still getting those to her. The wedding was A BLAST. It was a small close friends and family thing, which meant we were able to really talk to people! I'm really grateful for my ENTIRE FAMILY. We are a crazy bunch and I wouldn't trade a single one of them for anything....most of the time. :) It was SO amazing seeing my sister get married. I love her, LOVE her husband Dylan, and I'm going to love their baby even more than I love the two of them combined. My sister is giving birth to MY nephew. You heard me. I'm taking large ownership in this baby since...well... I already love him and I want to. She thinks she won't want to share, but just wait until that little stinker is 2...she'll be fed ex-ing him to Montana in no time! I'm throwing a massive shower in Vegas in April for her. YOU SHOULD COME! Email me your address if you want to come eat, drink punch and be merry.
I threw Christmas!
The hott light technician and his cute assistant.
The finished product.
...so I went a little overboard. Tis the season.
Ta-da.
Macy dictated, I typed.
The end of the "Christmas Morning Obstacle Course"....
overjoyed...
Checking out what, our friend, Santa brought...
Dad, showing the specific technique of T Rex growling.
Holy shirt, batman!
Christmas Day fondue ( Knapp Family Tradition) What you couldn't see what the insanely yummy scalloped potatoes, and mac and cheese.
I ALMOST threw my children out of the window....
..but I didn't because I think you have to pay a fine when you do that.
Last but not least, I helped throw a funeral. I take that back...throwing sounds fun and this was not fun. Rich's older brother and best friend ( brother #3 of 5), Danny, died 4 days after Christmas....ugh....more on that later in a post when I'm ready to do it justice and when I'm feeling more reverent.
Ok....I'm done throwing things...but if you want more blog for your buck, or see who my son prays to, head over to My Kids Blog, where I've updated you on the latest, greatest and embarassing things my kids do and say.
Tomorrows post? What I've been busy obsessing about since I last blogged...


1 comment:
Kellie! You're a natural blogger . . . loved your Christmas! You, Rich, Macy & Luke are the sweetest, most darling family! Never change! Love you!
Post a Comment