I'm still not making it.
Although I do feel better, as studies have shown ( and by studies I mean my little poll on the side of my blog) that 36% ( which is the majority of those polled) are with me in that we only make our beds if someone will see it. Second runner up was 30% of you who make it every stinking day. I just don't get it. But I'm proud of you.
Wise old Uncle Carter gave me some VERY insightful points regarding this subject. I don't think he'll mind me sharing this advice as there are no swear words involved...unlike last time :) And just to show how fantastic of person Mr. Carter Knapp is, he is an everyday bed making kind of guy. He says even on days that he gets out of bed before his super hott wife does, he'll pull the sheet and blanket up on his side WHILE SHE IS STILL IN BED! That's commitment for you. But what makes Carter fabulous is he gave me these points to defend my non bed making ways, even though he's NOT in bed with the idea of not making you bed.
This is getting confusing. I'll just skip to what he said. :)
"I have two quotes that will help justify your non-bed-making habit. First the old quote, “If you make your bed, you have to lie in it”. As a metaphor, we all understand you have to live with the consequences of your actions. But literally, this makes absolutely no sense. Why would you make your bed, and then lie in it?"
"The second is one I heard from a comic which you are free to use to anyone who gives you a hard time about not making your bed. To justify his not making the bed to his wife he said, “After you step out of your shoes, would you then tie the laces? Wouldn’t you leave them untied for when you need to put them on again?”
THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING! You would never tie your shoes when you take them off, so why make your bed when you get OUT?! If you do tie your shoes AFTER you take them off. Please notify me, as there needs to be an Oprah show about you.
side note... I've update my reading list and my weight loss blog...
side note... I've update my reading list and my weight loss blog...

3 comments:
I've got to comment, Kelli. This is hilarious. I totally agree with it seeming silly and pointless to make your bed, BUT I make mind everyday. Here's why- if my bed is made, I feel like my house is starting to get put in order and I accomplish way more in the day. It's true. If I leave my bed unmade (sometimes I won't make it until 4, right before Merritt comes home) I feel sloppy and useless all day. Weird, I know. It's probably just an odd quirk of mine. I also love to get into my bed when it looks inviting and nice. :)
I make my bed every day because order begat order, and I like my space to look clean for me. Me being the one to see it is enough. And if you get a bed set that you really like, it just looks so pretty all put together!
Can you say O C D - 1 2 3 for me please??? And yes, I still make my bed everyday. Even on the days that I wake up on the streets homeless. I will still pull the newspapers over the park bench or cardboard box I layed on the night before :) Now that's hardcore... IN YOUR FACE FOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment