Tuesday, March 8, 2011

...embarrassing...

I have a new habit. One which has DRASTICALLY improved my life, however simultaneously has managed to lower my cool kid number to about a 2.

I rock a carabiner....

on my belt....

with keys attached....

just like janitor....

or this guy...
(click to enlarge)
I don't know that guy but when I googled " carabiner on a belt loop" that is what I got. I think I've made it pretty clear which parts of this hard wear that I carry via photoshop...

Anyways, how many times have you been standing outside your car in the parking lot of Target, in the middle of the arctic snow storm, while your kids are melting down in the cart, and you are worried they are going to get hit by a car while you are digging through your hugantic bag to try and find your keys?!?!?! Happens all the time to me. Maybe to you too minus the arctic storm and the neurotic fear of them getting hit buy a car.

Well no more my friends. Your keys are always there on your trusty carabiner, right there at your side. If I'm feeling particularly self conscious that day, I clip them to a cart, although that is still not as convenient as your belt loop.

Go get a carabiner and you to can join my " hot mom's wear carabiners on their belt" club. Just wait until I put the key to my brand new E-350 van on that carabiner... I'll be the pride of Montana and the envy of all of Whitefish. :) ( Rich, we are NOT getting the van.)

p.s. I'm in the market for a swarovski encrusted carabiner. Preferably pink crystals... please alert me if you find anything of the sort.

5 comments:

Coralee said...

I rock the "keys on a lanyard" look. I wear it around my neck - or attached to my purse with a caribeener. I don't know if that's much better!

Michelle McKinley said...

Kellie, I've used a carabiner for years now. I LOVE them. I don't think I've lost my keys since. But instead of attaching it to my belt, I attach it to the handle of my purse.

The Erickson Family said...

LOL! Aaron offered to bedazzle one of his and sent it to you. :)

The Erickson Family said...

I am sure I can scrounge up a chew can that you can put in your back pocket to match the look. J/K. Aaron

Cheree said...

Sheesh, and I thought I was the only one! I'm so glad I'm not alone ;-) I am a HUGE caribeener fan...and yes, for some reason I always feel the need to explain why I look like a janitor to checkers, new acquaintances, etc. But no more my friend...I'm part of a club