I have made The Pioneer Woman's homemade chex mix a gajillion times in the past 4 months. I tried some regular homemade chex mix that my friend Holly made a while back and became obsessed. Then I discovered the pioneer woman's version and it's a swanktified, on steroids version of it. DE-LISH. I have to say though I took Holly's advice and added those gardetto garlic chip brown things and then I decided to leave out the tabasco, cause that's just not my bag, baby.Today Macy came up to me with her Baylie doll and it looked like this...
She told me her name was "outer space baby" and that she was "looking for her planet." Her "planet" happened to be a racquetball with a live strong bracelet around it. She also tripped over herself today and said "drats!" And, I recently asked her what she wanted for lunch to which she replied "meatballs, chicken, dip, grapes, apples, milk, cheese, water in a pink cup and a fork, please"....hmmm. I just now this second asked her what she was doing and she said " I'm just hanging out in this beautiful house, mommy." oh come to Montana and squeeze her, PLEASE :)
Speaking of Macy, it has recently come to my attention that my kid is "that kid" in nursery. The kid that steals the toys, pushes the little kids, plays rough, and throws fabulous little temper tantrums. I'm really upset about it. I used to get sick when Macy's little friends would hit her. What made me ever more angry is when the parents of the offending child gave a feeble little " stop" as if that works? So I'm determined to nip this little problem in the bud/butt ( which one is it?) by taking a active roll in fixing whatever it is that makes her feel like doing this stuff. I could not be more opposed to spanking or hitting my children, which is why it's frustrating and confusing that Macy has picked up on these habits. I emailed my friend, who is raising a gaggle of redheads herself, to ask her for any insight as to why Macy is willing to kick box over a xylophone, and if any of her red heads have ever gone through this. Unfortunately for me, she vehemently denies this has anything to do with the fact that Macy has red hair. DANG IT. How easy would it have been to blame it on the red hair and not my obviously lack of parenting? GRRRR. I need a book or a baby boot camp, or Supernanny. If anyone has any tricks of the trade or magic spray I could use on her, let me know where I can get some. In bulk, preferably.
I feel like I'm always yapping about Macy and never about Luke or Rich. So here's some quick updates.
Luke... Still eating, sleeping, and pooping like a champ. He's five months old and wears 9 month clothes. He is starting to want to crawl and does that little rocking on the knees thing. He rolls all over the house and puts anything and everything in his mouth. Which makes me want to eliminate all coins on the entire planet. He currently sleeps 12 hours a night and wakes up once to eat at around 5am. He is my newest, chubbiest, and cutest little boyfriend.
RICHARD... is still the hottest man to walk the earth. He still works his non existent butt off for our family and is always making sure that Macy gets enough protein, USUALLY in the form on peanut butter. He is currently researching the cheapest way to fix the tail light that I broke on our van, by backing into the trash can....twice.
Ok, this is just ridiculously long, now. Congratulations if you've made it this far. You have stamina. :)
7 comments:
This was SO not a long blog to me. There are longer-winded people who blog and they DO lose me after the 8th paragraph.
Don't worry too much about Macy because it is the age, in my opinion. Shelby gets violent with other kids too. It has gotten somewhat better but I hear you...so frustrating!
DUDE. I should have clarified: Just as you cannot take credit for awesome parenting skills when your kid sleeps through the night and doesn't have colic, so can you not blame yourself when your kid decides to test boundaries and interact a little, um, aggressively. Now if she starts to drop f-bombs and pack heat to nursery, then yeah, let's revisit the parenting thing. In the meantime - lighten up on yourself. It's called SPUNK. And perhaps, just a teensy tiny bit, that may be related to some kind of pigment in some kind of hair. ButIwouldn'tknowanythingaboutthat.
forget parenting books. children need discipline! And the best way to give it to them is by spanking them. Put the fear into them. It wont make you a terrible mother. It makes you a better one in my opinion.
Kelly! I LOVE you! Whenever I am in need of a good laugh I just sit down and log onto your blog:)
I'm missing you like crazy! The "Prom King of Provo" @ work is getting ornery, and I think only you could take care of him for us.
I DO want to come to Montana, or maybe to Baylie's planet and live with you/her. LOVES!
I still think my child is perfect and only pushes because someone else pushed her. (Okay, I'm in denial.) I wouldn't stress too much, but just reinforce positive behavior. I always think kids that are too good are boring.
Mrs. Kellie, when I read your blog it makes me want to be a better person. Keep 'em coming!
Post a Comment