Today I took you on a little mother daughter trip to Safeway. I'm not sure if they'll let us back in...ever.
You took one of your cowboy boots off in the car on the way to the store. I couldn't be bothered to put it back on, so I carried you into the store....with only one boot.
As we perused the isles, you told me you were hungry. I was too, so we headed to the donut case, like every good mother would do. You picked a chocolate sprinkle donut and I picked an old fashioned chocolate donut and we ate them right there in the bakery. You got chocolate all over your hands and I told you to wipe it on your shirt. You said "On my shirt? That is silly" and I said " DO IT!" So with a big excited smile...you did. You also had chocolate all over your face, which we left there since you rock a chocolate face like no one else can.
At this point, people were staring. I'm sure it looked as if I had picked up some abandoned, one boot wearing, dirty, stray child. But we were having tons of fun so who gives a beep?
In the cold beverage isle, you decided you were thirsty. So I cracked open a 79 cent bottle of water and we shared. You got sprinkle floaties in the bottle. We still shared. After all, I made your germs from scratch for 9 long months. At least I know they are organic :)
When we hit the cookie, chip, cracker isle we were both on a little donut sugar high. We played that game where I push the cart really hard and let go, while my cart full of groceries and you, my little dirty, one shoed child, went sailing down the isle. Then I would run to catch it while you screamed and laughed at the top of your lungs. I didn't bother shushing you because no one else was in the isle and you are really, really, really, pretty when you laugh.
As we stood in line to check out, you said you wanted dinner. I told you I was going to eat your
nose for dinner. Your reply? " Do it mommy! Do it!" So I stood there in line while everyone stared at us and made big chompy cookie monster noises and chomped on your nose. After I was done you had a big long list of what I should eat for dinner next. Including, but not limited to.... your hand, your hair, a purple hulu hoop, your toe, the cart, "that guy right there" and my wallet.
We paid for everything ( including the now digesting donuts and water) and wheeled out to the car. As I buckled you into your car seat, you looked at me said " You're a funny mommy. I love you silly."
Nothing in this world makes me more proud or happy to be yours and Luke's mommy, and your Daddy's wife. You are my baby, my lovie and my bestest little girlfriend.
I love you, Macy Moo.
7 comments:
Cutest EVER! You're a good mommy friend!
Ahhh the joys of motherhood!! I cant wait to have moments like this!!! It fills my heart with joy!!!
I wish you were my MOm Kelly Knappy Knapp!!!!
what a great story Kellie! I love it. :)
SUPER cute post!! Sounds like you had a great time!!
Kellie, you are the cutest mom on the planet! Your kids are SO blessed to have you as their mother.
Oh my gosh, that is the cutest and most special thing I've ever heard. I hope she really reads that when she gets older.
ok kellie i always knew you were gonna be the funnest mom ever....well now you have proved it. you rock as a person, as a friend and as a mom. i'm so glad there are moms out there like you to let us all know its ok to have FUN being a mom. love ya
Post a Comment