I never new about the term "rock idol" until I met Rich. He said that Susan Easton Black is his "rock idol" and then I said "what's a rock idol?" He just laughed shook his head and said something about our age difference. Like 7 years is a lot? I don't think so... Although he WAS born in the SEVENTIES. Sometimes when I get all heady and really think about it, it REALLY freaks me out that I live with, hang out with, and MAKE OUT with a 33 year old man. Mostly because I'm in denial about being 26 and I still think I'm 16. Whatev. I can't wait until I'm 30. I'm gonna rock my thirties. I'll have gaggle of children, be DONE popping them out ( i think) and just living the dream. I just got excited. I remember when my mom turned 30 because I was 8. I remember my dad threw her a surprise birthday party and she got a lot of fun presents including a fish. WHO GIVES SOMEONE A FISH?
ok. focus.... I hope you enjoyed a peek into how my brain operates on a 24/7 basis.
BACK TO MY ROCK IDOL... it's this little lady....

Sister Marjorie Pay Hinckley
She was/is the wife of (former prophet and president of
my church) President Gordon B Hinckley. She has been known to say some of the sassiest, most adorable things over the past however many years and I'm glad her quotes are available all over the internet. A lot of women, myself included, can sometimes get whiney and complainy about how much they DON'T have, what they wish they had time for, what they would only do with some "ME TIME"... yadda yadda yadda. Like I said, at times I'm guilty of this too, but then I hear a good quote or read a killer
conference talk, and it smacks the stank attitude out of me while smacking some good old fashion sense into me :) I'm blessed. I'm lucky. I don't have time to complain, because I need to be busy being present in the moment, living life to the fullest and do things I know I should be doing. Hence the reason I'm obsessed with this quote.
"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed some one's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
By Sister Marjorie Pay Hinckley
I'm just saying.... :)
4 comments:
Love everything about this post Kellie. You crack me up, but there is no denying that you have a strong testimony and love the gospel. I love that I can hear your voice when I read your posts. You're too cute.
Thanks for sharing this quote. It's a good one!
@Elizabeth J., that is funny, when I read her posts I also read in Kellie's voice!
Love the quote too! What a wonderful example she is.
I like this quote, thank you for sharing that with us
Love her too. P.S. Let's drop the age references since I was born in the 60's and married someone born in the 80's. Um, yeah!
Post a Comment