Wednesday, May 19, 2010

...a few items of business...

#1... I trust you all are voting for Daris to be in the final 3 for biggest loser... if you are not... you are no longer my friend. So what if he gained 2 pounds. HE STRUGGLES SO DO YOU! My heart REALLY goes out to him... I love him! VOTE. You get 3 votes per phone line and 10 votes per email. Trust I have exhausted ALL voting possibilities and I can sleep easy knowing I did everything I can to help! GET TO VOTING!

#2... I have known my baby's daddy (I mean husband) for FIVE YEARS today. I met his fine self one spring night outside a laundry room in Provo, Ut. He was the hottest individual I have ever laid eyes on and he STILL rocks his hott boy looks. I'll never forget the feeling I had the first time I saw him... it was like angels were flying around his red head with neon signs pointing to him that said " HE'S THE ONE" eight months later, HE WAS! This photo was taken less than 24 hours after I met Rich and is the first photo ever taken of us together.

Unfortunately it was just of our insanely buffed, cut, fly lookin' calf muscles, ( we were comparing to see who's were studlier, I personally think the winner is CLEAR... but you decide) but the SECOND picture ever taken of us this one...
Even though it's blurry... I CHERISH IT! BTW, Who poses like that after knowing someone 20 hours?!?!? Oh that's right...Rich and I. No surprise there.

#3...I think meeting my husband on 5/19/05 was such a blessing because just 1 year and 1 day before I met Rich, my dad graduated from this life and moved into eternity-ville :) Every year the 18th is such a hard day for me, so having something so fun to celebrate on the 19th, has really come as a huge blessing. May 18th is always bitter sweet because I can't help but remember it as the worst day of my life, and at the same time, every year the painful memories fade a little, and a few are even replaced with wonderful, sweet memories I have of the time my dad was still here with us. My dad was a rock star... STILL IS a rock star, and I love that I have him as my dad for eternity. Families are forever and I'm lucky enough to be his kid, not just here, but for ALWAYS. His teachings and the way he loved me and our family has such an influence on the way I teach and love my kids. Macy calls him Grandpa Scary because she thinks that I'm saying scary instead of GARY when I talk about him :) All of my kids will grow up knowing what a phenomenal person he was and still is. We love you Grandpa Scary! :)

5 comments:

Jamie G. said...

Your dad is one of the amazing men I have ever met! My father in law is also named Gary and my kids used to say Grandpa scary because they couldn't say Gary. So funny!

Britney said...

I like hearing about your dad. He sounds like a cool guy. I imagine he must have tons of personality if he had you as his offspring. :) I will never forget how excited you were when you first met Rich. We happened to be over there the day (I think) that you first met him, and you were giddy like a little school girl!

Unknown said...

Brett was like "woh" when he saw you and Rich's shredded calves!! haha! I think you win:) I bet your dad was an amazing man, kell. I'm sure he's smiling down on you, watching you be such a great mother, wife and friend!!!

~SHERI said...

I haven't been in the blog world for a while, I forgot how funny it is here!! Your little man is SO cute. And I must meet this Macy. And I am now going to go and get a sticker for my car that says "swagger wagon." for real.

KNO said...

I think about your dad on a regular basis....when I think of the men that made my life better, he is honestly one of the top guys....I loved him....and I love you...:)