Monday, May 3, 2010

....everything and nothing....

I keep trying to sit down and blog... but I never had time, energy, or focus enough to write a whole stinking blog.

So you get another edition of my random thoughts....all rolled into one blog...with no pictures...

...but at least A blog post is better than NO blog post....

A week and a half ago I braved the airways with my TWO children and flew to Las Vegas ALONE. Picture me, in all my fabulousness, trekking through the airport with 2 kids, a stroller and car seat, a backpack, a baby sling, and a carry on luggage all the while telling Macy to stop picking her nose and to hurry it up. People gawked at me like I was a circus act...the amazing juggling mother. I'm sure I was a sight to see and all, but come one... mind your business, right? There were some helpful airline goers who offered any help they could, including a cute grandma lady who offered to hold Luke the entire flight... :) I may have taken her up on it had he cried, but he slept like a rock the entire time! I love that boy. Macy on the other hand jumped into every possible open seat as we made our way down the airplane isle to our assigned seats. She even climbed over one guy to get to the open WINDOW seat...I wanted to die. As we made our way down, everyone kept giving me that " oh crap, I hope your seats aren't next to mine" look. Between them and Macy taking advantage of the opportunity to make me look like mom of the year, I wanted to cry...

The reason we went to Vegas was because every one's favorite deer shootin', firefightin', nascar lovin', F-350 drivin', Fedrizzi got baptized... that's right... YOU HEARD ME. K to the Fed got dunked on Saturday. It was SUCH a fun day and it's so rad that the whole Fed family is now stormin Mormons. K-fed is going to make a kick butt Mormon and I'm thrilled he took the plunge... GO POPS!!!! ( for those of you while think I'm insane, I'm talking about my mom's husband whom I kindly refer to as K-Fed since his name is Kevin Fedrizzi)
...
In other news... I recently saw a baby picture of my dad at my Grandparent's house... in case you were wondering, Luke Knapp and Gary Eversole could have been the same baby, right down to the cute little dimple in his chin... which I lovingly call a butt chin. I happen to think my dad was very good looking, so I'm stoked for my little Luker...which is what we are calling him these days.
...
BTW...Rich has still not officially said " LUKE, I AM YOUR FATHER"... I think he is saving it for a special occasion, like when he gets blessed or baptized... hahaha. Ok... actually that isn't funny, I think I would die.
...
Yesterday I asked Macy what her dad looked like. She said he had...and I quote " A round orange head, a golden body, and ears, eyes and a nose". That's right... I must have married him for his golden body.

I'm going to bed....

8 comments:

Aaron said...

WOW! Travelling with two kids on your own is brave! I feel your pain. I actually haven't taken the kids on a plane, our trips to the grocery store are painful enough - SERIOUSLY... I TOTALLY think Luke looks like your dad! I told Aaron I thought that right after he was born and he is SO ADORABLE! Hope you had fun in Vegas! - Lisa

Spence and Car said...

kellie i can't believe k fed took the plunge!! rock on you are probably super stoked and a million other emotions too! ok two kids at and airport and plane ride my anxiety for you just went through the roof...i've wondered myself how i will ever go home for a visit now with the twinners but know you did it makes me somehow think someday i could do it too. lots of love

Unknown said...

Way to go K-fed! That's awesome. I too, am flying home at the end of the month with Owen and I'm already worried about it. Can't imagine two. I love that Macey said that about Rich. Orange head and Golden body!! Hilarious. Love you guys!

Aaron said...

Sounds like a good time. We Chase was born, my dad said wow he looks just like me when I was young. So we looked at some pics of my dad, and sure enough there was Chase/Dad. Oh, yeah we are moving to Oklahoma City for dental school. I just got accepted on Monday and it is going to save us $60,000

Katie said...

Kellie- I was actually laughing out loud at work when I read what Macy said about Rich. I miss her SOO much. I'm requesting a post dedicated to funny things she says. I love you guys and miss you like crazy.

The Brown's said...

kellie you totally make me laugh:) I HEART you!!!
I for one would think that it would be awesome if Rich used the LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER right in the microphone before the blessing:) OH what I would give to be there!!!

Eric and Jodi Eames said...

So when I heard that your little boy was named Luke....that whole Star Wars/ Star Trek line totally popped into my head. Just a heads up if Rich is planning on pullin that line out for Luke's blessing I will book a plane ticket ASAP to be there...can you imagine?? I would pee my pants!!!

I miss you guys and Rich's "Golden Body" !! I totally missed Rich when I botched Eric's hair cut again the other day and couldn't fix it :) Give Macy a kiss for me and Luke too I hope he's spunky like Macy! I agree we need more posts on what Macy is saying these days...she will be so funny when she goes to kindergarten...I can see it now!!

Calli said...

I want to be you.