I feel like such a lame "Christmas do-er" this year. Almost Grinch-like. I had SUCH huge plans of making this Christmas all out- over the top- fabulous, and I FOR SURE fell short of that. It must have been all that laying around and gestating I've been doing :) I do have a fun Christmas planned for my little family, but I didn't do any of the holiday do-gooding there is to do. I got SO MANY adorable and happy Christmas cards in the mail and I didn't send out even ONE! NOT ONE! I didn't makes treats for my neighbors and ward members, and I only did about 6 of the 12 days of Christmas that I had planned!! WHAT THE?!?! I'm going to let myself off the hook a little for the fact that I'm the size of a mack truck! I still have a whopping 8 weeks left, but this little boy is making himself super comfortable and stretching out as much as dang well pleases... I'm still measuring a week ahead of schedule, so maybe 7 weeks? PLEASE 7 weeks! :) I guess I just wanted to inform everyone of my laziness and let you know if you didn't get a card or treats from me, it's cause I DIDN'T DO THEM! Maybe I can throw something together by new years???? Or maybe you'll all get Valentines? Or baby announcements? You never know.....
3 comments:
You're not the Grinch, just preggo!!! That's a GREAT excuse, believe me, I used it too :)
I hope you're feeling great, and you have the bestest Christmas ever!!!
Bellie, As the years have tip-toed, stumbled or screamed by, I have come to understand that some things just simply are not as important as they once seemed. If I could go back, I would trade a vacuumed floor for an extra "tea time" with you or your sister; another load of clothes folded for just one more story before bed; a "picture perfect" Christmas tree for scribbled pictures on construction paper hanging haphazardly on the tree; and many, many more. Hindsight is surely keener than foresight. While I did the best I could - and I know I did - I would change some things if I could. Keep that in mind when you are hard on yourself because things aren't as perfect as you want them to be for your family. With all the extra special added creativity and "wow" appeal of the season we want for our family, and yes, even the clean house, isn't it true that they will remember more the interactions with you than the Saks 5th Avenue decorations? You, my sweet daughter, are partners with our Heavenly Father in bringing a precious child into this world - you have a right to be tired - wayyyy tired. You have a right to be emotional. You have a right to sit back and put those swollen feet up and just watch Macy touch all the ornaments so carefully placed on the tree. Macy won't care that there are dishes in the sink, or that there are 75 different kinds of cookies on the counter. She will only remember that you held her on your lap and read her stories and snuggled with her, and that you weren't too exhausted from doing all the "extras" that you sat with her and opened presents and played with her. You and Rich are amazing parents, and your children are equally as amazing. Be kind to yourself. Don't compare yourself. Love yourself and that precious grandson of mine growing in your Bellie. And for heaven's sake, girl - kick it back, open the doors and let the wind blow your dust outside! ;) You are perfect - JUST THE WAY YOU ARE. I love you with all of my heart <3
I didn't get a card - our friendship is over.
Post a Comment