Friday, December 4, 2009

...Favorite Things...

I'm kind of jealous of Oprah, because she gets to have one or two shows a year about her favorite things, and then gives them away. I wish I could do that... I would love to give away everything I ever liked to my friends, I would SO SO do it. However, I'm not Oprah, I'm just a silly crazy pregnant lady, who pretends she's Oprah.....

So, here's my current list of Favorite things! They may not be that exciting, but I'm really into them right now, and I need to blog more :)

Lash Blast Mascara.... This little orange piece of fabulousness is AMAZING! My very favorite mascara of all time is by Lancome and it's $25... not exactly in my everyday budget. Needless to say when my friend Gillian introduced me to this little ditty, I was ECSTATIC! It's 1/5 the price and 99.9% as amazing as Lancome! WORD TO YOUR MOTHER.... if at at possible buy it at Costco. It comes in a 3 pack for $14. At Target it's like $7 or $8.... so quite the savings if you go purchase at every ones favorite warehouse! Plus you always have extra on hand as stocking stuffers!!!

White Vinegar....I know... CRAZY. It's the cheapest most kick A cleaning agent EVER! My mother in law gave me a seriously rad tip, that I will bestow upon you all now.... SKIP THE JET DRY!! Next time you need to refill your spotless rinse agent holder thingy in your dishwasher, fill that bad boy up with plain old white vinegar! AMAZING! Here in Montana, we have the hardest water of all . Jet Dry wasn't even TOUCHING the water spots... Using white vinegar has improved my spotty dishes 100%!!!! and it's literally what, 67 CENTS a bottle??? As opposed to 4 or 5 dollars for Jet dry... you can take all that money saved and go get yourself some mascara!!! After I how well vinegar worked on my dishes I did some research and found this little treasure of a website... GO HERE. Vinegar is cheap, oh so green, and gets everything super freaking clean!!!!

Tupperware sippy cups.... I had these on my Christmas list, and my super kind, generous and thoughtful Mom sent them to me early!!! I'm not sure if they are better than OTHER sippy cups...but let me tell you I LOVE THEM... I love that I KNOW they are going to last through my last kid, because I drank out of the SAME Tupperware cups from age knee high to 18, I swear. I seriously just love them.
Netflix...I am well aware that this isn't a NEW THING... we had netflix when we lived in Utah, but when we moved here to Montana, we weren't on the "map" for netflix. I have since discovered that our little abode in the middle the wilderness has been added to the available shipping area! YAY! I watched Roman Holiday yesterday and will be watching "Spellbound" ( a documentary on spelling bees....sounds lame, but I've heard really good things about it) and this is all compliments of my long lost friend netflix. It's a lot easier to go the mailbox to get a rented movie, than drive the 8 miles to the movie store when it's -4 degrees outside... you think I'm joking... that's what it is today.... NEGATIVE FOUR. NEWSFLASH.......Give the gift of Netflix for Christmas! It's the best present for the person you have no idea what to buy!!

2 comments:

The Brown's said...

kellie you seriously crack me up. I hear ya on the vinager thing. works like a charm but makes everything smell like... well I wont say but thanks for the list. my eyelashes thank you:)

Kristin said...

I love Netflix too. We rotate between new ones and classics.

Wish I had a dishwasher to try out the vinegar trick!