Sunday, September 13, 2009

...a random look inside my crazy brain...

  • I have never ever in my life been as lazy as I have been the last 2 months... it's UNREAL and horrifically embarrassing. I'm talking major case of couch potato-itis. I really hope Rich doesn't plan of trading me in for a new, younger, motivated wife.. :( My goal is to cut the crap and quit the laziness....after a few more naps.


  • One of my only motivations has been to make homemade yummies. I have recently made 3 batches of pico de gallo, 16 pints of raspberry jam, yummy scones ( the kind you let rise and then fry) and a killer chocolate bundt cake. I can't stop myself... I'm a hungry pregnant lady...watch your self, you might get baked into a pie.
  • Having said all that... I have lost 2 pounds since becoming pregnant... crazy I know. That is one of the benefits of being a chubby prego chick.... you don't really gain. I looked it up and most hott mamas with the same amount of super fabulous voluptuous-ness as me, just kind of stay the same... I'm cool with that. Pass me a scone.

  • Ya know the feeling you get when you almost drop something really expensive, or your baby almost falls off the couch, or you JUST MISS rear-ending the car in front of you??? It's like that heart pounding, your whole body burns, freakout " this could have been REALLY bad" feeling. I get that sometimes when I look at Rich and realize that he is still my husband. I think " what if I would have never met him?" Or "What if I married some other guy who was like, a real wackjob?" I feel so lucky and happy that he married me and is STILL AROUND to put up with me. I hope he knows, one day I WILL be non-insane and nice and cute and skinny and spiritual ALL ON THE SAME DAY, and for a lot of days in a row. These days he only gets one or the other... but one day... I'll figure it all out. I'm guessing I won't be a crazy hormonal pregnant woman when that happens. :)
  • Today was a ward pot luck.. I have a Love/Hate relationship with potlucks.... I feel like I want people to put their names on the dish they bring so you have a heads up of whose food I'm eating. Like there are SOME people, you might not want to eat food from their kitchens....that sounds rude, but you know what I mean and you know you feel the same way.
  • I'm pretty sure the nursery leaders think I have OCD. I come in to sanitize Macy's hands like, 5 times in two hours. I also run around wiping other kids noses, because I would die if that snot got on Macy. I'm not ALWAYS this germ conscious, but come on people. SWINE FLU. Pregnant women and children under 24 months are the top two categories of people that are easily " taken out" by Swine flu. Rich is safe, but Macy and I....well we need to watch our backs... and wash our hands....and not touch icky people.
  • There are no.. .let me repeat, NO place to get maternity clothing here. There are 2 racks of maternity clothes at Target, however they are ugly and/or blue based. No BUENO. Maybe I'll just tie a tarp around myself and call it good. Sheesh.
  • I COULD NOT be more excited for all the fall TV premiers these next two weeks.. .I'm like REALLY excited. I live for this stuff.
  • It's the most wonderful time of the year!! Pumpkin SEASON! Pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bread, pumpkin creme' frappachinos ( sans coffee, of course) and last but NOT LEAST BY ANY MEANS.....PUMPKIN SPICE HERSHEY KISSES from TARGET. Run, don't walk....to Target....right now...go get some.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok so you toally have every right to be a couch potatoe!!! I was preggo for like 2 seconds and I was passed out on the couch the whole few days, I didnt feel like doing anything!! You are not lazy.. you are awesome and I am jealous of your baby makin uterus!!! LOL!!
Kisses love.. hope you feel better soon!!

Cami said...

I had those Hershey's last year and I was OBSESSED!!! I also loved the candy corn ones, mmmm....pretty much anything with sugar sounds good to me! :)

The Brown's said...

hey your trying to make a whole person your own sweet self! TAKE A NAP!!! It's totally ok:)

p.s. i will beat down any person who tries to get the pumpkin hersheys before me:)

Cheree said...

Hey there. Bring on the laziness and hormonal ups and downs. Embrace it. You crack me up. Thanks for your posts. You crack me up. Especially your comment about potlucks. You and I are both in the same category when it comes to that. Seriously. Labels should be required. I hope you feel better soon. You're pretty good birth control for me. Thanks.

Kayla said...

Kellie, I miss you! You crack me up! I think you're just gonna have to make a trip down here to go maternity clothes shopping and you better come visit me in my new house in Spanish Fork!! (We bought a house there!!)

Unknown said...

Can I just say how much I miss you!!! Come visit soon!!

Spence and Car said...

oh my dear sweet kellie! let me count the ways i miss you!! i love your humor and all your wildness, and lets be honest so does rich hince why HE got to marry you, you super fly fun girl that everyone wants to be! seriously, i miss you, congrats on the baby! if you guys ever need a golf trip you know where to come! ps i miss your cooking too....you always make the best stuff! i'm telling spence our next trip is to montana it might take us 3 days to drive there but next summer its a must! love ya

Kristin said...

You crack me up! We're going to be in Vegas the weekend of October 9th. Maybe you guys can visit too...