Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Vegas Round One...

So I was shopping online ( since that is the only place to shop here in fabulous Montana) and I couldn't decide what to get my mom and Rich's mom for mothers day. I came to the conclusion that after buying presents, wrapping and shipping, an actual TRIP to Vegas would be less expensive... and it was! 92 dollars and one round trip ticket later, Macy and I were off to see the Grandma's for 5 days in Vegas, leaving Rich to wife and childless to fend for himself! ( p.s. I made him a weeks worth of food and separated it into little individual meals so it wasn't all THAT sad :) We had a really fun week visiting and eating too much, as always. My mom even took a day off so we got to spend extra time together! It of course included a big ole shopping trip and my mom got Macy some CUTE outfits including some killer red shoes that Macy thinks are super "Pity!!" My mom always goes out of her way to make us feel comfortable too, she even got moo a pack and play and car seat just to keep in Vegas so we didn't have to haul a billion things through the airport and even worse, pay to check them!! THANKS MOM! We also went for a picnic with Rich's parents at Floyd Lamb State Park, which is one of the best parks in Vegas. My brother in law Dave and his wife Alyona came and their two kids Valerie and Natasha... That picnic was HILARIOUS... It involved a whole lot of ducks!!! If fact we almost got eaten alive by ducks!!! Dave kept chucking bread AT me so the ducks we're charging me and I was screaming like a crazy woman, then Grandpa kept trying to get Macy to feed the ducks, by handing her little pieces of bread and telling her to throw them...but for every 3 pieces of bread he gave her, only one made it to the poor ducks because she kept gobbling up all the bread (as pictured)... silly baby! Grandpa, of course, was loving it! Also that day Macy went running full speed ahead and ran into a guy that was squatting over leaning into the little lake, almost pushing him in...needless to say, he wasn't too thrilled with that. Picnics with the Knapps are always fun because Renny Poo always gets loads of yummy food and they are so kind to always make sure when I come to town they have a big stash of diet dr peppers because I drink about 8 a day down there in the bloody hot desert.

No comments: