Rich and I were talking we we think all of us Americans are AWESOME....BUT we are a bunch of crazy wackies. When you think of holiday traditions you think opening one present on Christmas Eve, you think about the certain Christmas breakfast or Christmas dinner you eat, you think of that super hott and fabulous, ,old school, green and red sweater your grandma wears every year and you think of the new year's parties with the ever so fun and traditional hats, blowers, and horns...and we push these traditions and we LOVE them and they are SO nostalgic and family fun times. But what about that unspoken tradition. The one where we all get buck freakin wild and crazy and eat and eat over indulge on the presents and pie and money spending and we let our houses get all crazy and dis-organized all for the sake of the holidays. Then as soon as Jan 1st comes around... BAM....we are all a bunch of organizing, cleaning, weight losing, budget making, crazy people. The age old advice of everything in moderation SO does not apply to our "time of the year" traditions and we just go to town on the See's candy, gym skipping, and credit card swiping, because we have that comforting January 1st kick off in the near future where we all get our pecan pie loving butts in gear and start eating right, running faster, and shopping less. AND WE ALL DO IT. Every store Rich and I have been to, every ad we've seen, every TV commercial is about health, exercising, losing weight, saving money and getting your house organized. Costco has us figured out because when you walk in, they have all these multi vitamins, followed by weight loss pills and shakes, followed by exercise equipment followed by home organization followed by day planner and money managing software. I'm NOT even kidding. WE ARE FUNNY PEOPLE. I'm not even saying we should change it, because it's just so fun... even though we probably should. It's just funny that we ALL DO IT! ( well with the exception of a few perfect people and if your reading this, you know who you are, and this doesn't apply to you so go jump on your treadmills just like you've been doing the past, oh I don't know...forever. I'm jealous of you.) Anyways...however crazy it is, it's fun and it's definitely number 10 on a list of 10 things we might want to think about changing as an American society... number 1 of course being that we make Mitt Romney's Birthday an OFFICIAL national holiday. I love you Mitt.....gook luck in Iowa, boyfriend..... :)
3 comments:
Darn tootin girl! You made me and Brent laugh out loud and then nod our heads in agreement! Thanks for the thoughts!
Kellie, I love the way you write. It's so your personality and I can just picture you telling them. It's very true what you say about family "traditions" and then the New Year's resolutions are the best. It's funny how busy the gym gets at the first of the year. Everyone with there new year resolutions to loose weight, be healthier and all that fun stuff. But after a few months roll on by the gym gets less busier. It happens every year and I laugh every year. But hey it's a start and everyone deserves a new start in their lives and it's good to start the the new year. Sorry I went off a little on that topic. Love ya and it's good to read about you and your cute family. Macy is a doll!!!
I am in agreement with ya, but I am not about to change. I really enjoy the process of of 10 lbs of weight gain. It is the losing it that is not so enjoyable!
Post a Comment