So I'm quite the cook book connoisseur. I LOVE to collect them and write all over them once I try out a recipe. What I love even more is tried and true recipes from other people. I'm not the worlds BEST chef, so I like to benefit from OTHERS experimentations and hard work of perfecting recipes. I have about 3 recipes I'm famous for and I have PERFECTED the art of making a boxed cake taste FABULOUS ( it's all about the mixing speed) and I make EXCELLENT chocolate frosting. Anything outside the aforementioned culinary masterpieces... I'm just mama who who. (which means horse horse tiger tiger in Chinese which translates into so-so or mediocre...there's your Chinese lessons for the day) ANYWAYS...Yesterday I added a brand new pink beauty to my collection that is supposed to be all the rage among the super hot mom's out there...but I have yet to try it out. Since my child has NO TEETH. I think I'll have to test it out on myself and my red head, first. It's called Deliciously Deceptive. Apparently it was featured on Oprah, but I didn't see it there. I stumbled upon it during one of my bi-weekly trips to Mecca...I mean Costco. It's super healthy takes on fun food and helps sneak in those 5 servings a day of veggies for your family. The first one I want to try is the mac and cheese. You use healthy pasta, skim milk, low fat cheddar and pureed cauliflower. BEFORE YOU START GAGGING, let me at least try it out and give you my fancy review. Another one of my new found favs is one my sis-in-law "hott lady Dianne" gave me. It's called Fannie Farmer's Book and it's like SO rad. It has so much info on entertaining and super basics that are just really good to have on hand and know about. SO there you go, my new and exciting purchase for the week! :) I'll let you know how it goes, and if you have it already...let me know what you think!
...a years worth of my silly kids....
12 years ago
8 comments:
You'll have to tell me how that recipe turns out. I have been wanting that cookbook for AGES!!! If you need any other recipes, let me know, I seem to have a growing collection, its like the only thing I know how to do is cook (ie the only thing people think to give me for gifts is stuff for my kitchen....)
Dude. what happened on Sunday? :(
I just read the comment you left on Brandi's page and I was crackin up. Sorry to laugh at in your behalf but the only reason I do is because we have done the same thing with Emma when she was almost the same age in a brand new ward and made complete fools out of ourselves. Oh well. I just keep reminding myself, smile and nod smile and nod. :) By the way little Macy is so holy cow cute I can't stand it!
It is TOTALLY FINE honestly! It's actually kinda HILARIOUS that we sat behind Best Buy for like 45 min guessing which was your place and why. It was actually really funny. We finally left when Seth had to pee real bad. lol! It was fun, do NOT even worry about it, i'm just SOOO sad we didn't get to see you! :( I was excited to see your flipping WAY cute baby!
Ok no need to tell me how the recipe turns out, I can try it myself. Chris brought me home a present today!!!! Sometimes I really do love that boy!!!
I need you to blog at least once every 7 days please. I live alone and I need some more entertainment. Thanks.
Kellie!
It's Amanda that did your do in vegas! I am oficially a nerd trying to set a blog when I am computer retarded. Your baby is so cute!!!!
mandiandmanttjohnsonfamily.blogspot.com
Post a Comment