Tuesday, November 13, 2012

...Five years old...

As of last week, this little princess face is officially 5 whopping years old.
It's her last birthday that she only has to use one hand to show her age. This makes me super excited for her, but also simultaneously throws me into a deep depression that my little 6 pound red headed baby is now a 60 pound 5 year old mini adult.  Macy has been waiting to turn 5 since she was 2. This is going to be a banner year for her, as she cannot WAIT to start school, so that she can graduate, go to BYU, and then, according to her, become a "paleontologist/marine biologist, with 4 kids, named Rockstar, Cherry, Tilly-Tu-Tu, and Ruby" She's had this plan for well over a year, and I personally hope it sticks. I would love to have a kid that dug for dino bones, and I would love even more to be a Grandma to a kid named Tilly-Tu-Tu. :)

This girl is one big bowl of sass, curiosity, cuteness, and brains. It's un freaking believable how much I love her and continue to love her more and more every single minute. Well, okay...MOST minutes :)

When Macy woke up on her birthday, I went rushing up to her and said " Happy Birthday 5 year old!!!" and gave her a big hug. She sleepily replied " Thanks mommy, but I still don't know how to wipe my own butt." Clearly we had a few "You should know how to do this by 5" goals that we didn't exactly meet. :) Poor girl!

When I asked Macy what she might like for her birthday this year she came up with the following requests.....Stompeez, a wallet, a cotton candy machine, glittery hair gel, a new Fancy Nancy book, and the latest imaginext dinosaur. What can I say? She is well rounded. She didn't get it all, but thanks to lots of generous friends and family, she got most of it and then some!

Lucky for us we got to celebrate with most of my family since her birthday was the same weekend as Kyle's wedding! She is one loved, and lucky little girl :)

Here's to another year with our sweet, sassy, red headed, dino lover. WE LOVE YOU MACY!

Gobby and Pops took Macy to Build a Bear for her birthday...She was basically in 5 old heaven.
 
 Grandma and Grandpa sent Macy some birthday money and she picked out this cute little Cheetah...or as Macy calls her..." A girl Mexican cheetah named ChaCelia" She had some leftover money so she picked out a purple and pink cheetah bathrobe from Costco, and the horse from the movie "Brave" which she named "Braveheart" Thankfully the bathrobe does not have a name.
 
We spent most of Macy's birthday festivities with my family, but luckily we had cake and candles with  The McKinleys. Michelle is Rich's cousin and our kids get along swimmingly. Macy talks about them NON stop and even though they are technically cousins, she calls them her " Utah Friends." The funniest part is that Luke calls them " Macy's Utah friends". Crazy kids.
 We had this yummy cake with them and although she loves Cheetah's, this future Paleontologist will always be a dino lover at heart.
 
Making a wish...probably about Cheetahs or Dinos or moving to Utah to live closer to her "Utah Friends."
 
We ate lunch with my family the day after the wedding and Macy was gifted WAY too many super generous gifts. Here she is with a book from auntie Katie and Uncle Dan about her Rock Idol, Miss Fancy Nancy. 
Here's to another fun filled year with our favorite 5 year year old daughter!

1 comment:

The Erickson Family said...

Macy is so cute! I wish we lived closer, I would LOVE to hang out with that girl! She is bound to be amazing with you for a mom. :)