Thursday, October 18, 2012

... I said YES...

Seven years ago today, I sat on a picnic table in Provo canyon, staring at the most amazing man to ever get down on one knee. By the soft glow of a light saber he told me that he loved me, and asked me to be his wife forever.

THAT night, my friends, was the happiest, BEST night of my entire life. It still holds the #1 spot, because I have NEVER been happier than I was that night. That sounds maybe crazy, as I am the mother of 2, but seriously. Nothing on earth brings me more joy and happiness than the time that Mr Richard Knapp, asked me to be MRS. Richard Knapp.

I love Rich so much it hurts. The fact that Rich married me, let's me know my Heavenly Father must love me more than I can ever understand.

Sure, he's not perfect, I'm far from perfect, and together, at times, we can be 100% counted on to put he fun in dysfunctional. We argue sometimes ( mostly Sunday afternoons for some reason?), we have ongoing struggles that may or may not ever go away, he has enough human gas to power the empire state building, I throw my wet towels all over my room and sometimes on our bed, the way he eats yogurt out of a yogurt cup may drive me to drink, I let laundry pile up until child protective services threatens to take our children, he uses the mop to clean the kitchen table, and I most of the time forget to make him lunches for work.

We aren't perfect, but I love Rich so much that I know we can get there. If Rich is with me, I can do anything, get though anything, and he motivates me like no one else can, to never stop trying.

And that is why, my friends, I'm declaring October 18th to be " The day I became the luckiest girl EVER and FOREVER."

I love you like crazy, Rich. Thanks for loving me forever, for always, and no matter what.

If you promise to keep in mind that fact that I was only 21, you can click HERE to read our entire loooong engagement story....And yes, that is some random Chinese woman's blog. I have no idea who she is or how she got our story.

Enjoy a few pictures from 7 years ago today :)


 
A credit card with my soon to be married name on it UNDER the dessert, so we could go ring shopping together and I could make my first of MANY Kellie Knapp credit card swipes. :)
 
He gave me a crown and a scepter after I said yes :) I love this guy.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

You had me at light saber. What a beautiful post and what an incredibly creative proposal. WOW! (Although I think I'd be a little wigged out about your post being reposted on some foreign website. How did you even find it? And using the mop to clean the table. Ew!) I love how in love you are with your husband.

Upschool Homeschool Association said...

Uh...my engagement to Kent doesn't resemble that at all. I'm feeling jipped BIG time! ! Where was my credit card? ? Crown and saber? ? Ha!
I love you and rich. Happy anniversary! !

A Lady Reveals Nothing said...

This stupid post made me cry. You guys are my favorite.