Wednesday, October 27, 2010

...liar...

Let me tell you.. Macy is still reeling from the ambulance ride... She LOVED it. This is not ok. No one should think a ride in the ambulance is fun. I admire that she makes the best of most situations, but come on kid.

So I told her a lie. A big fat lie. A lie that some people may disagree with.
I told her that if she chokes on anything again, she is going to have to get a 10 shots.... in her eyeball.

I know, I know, but I had to scare her. She thought it was just fabulous that a " pretty " came out in her poop. She thinks it's really fun to have all the fire engines and ambulances come to our house and give her stuffed animals and lots of attention. So desperate times call for desperate measures.

Although extreme, I do know it's working. She brings me every little thing she can find, telling me "I don't want to choke on this and get shots in my eyeball" She also saw Luke about to put a cheerio in his mouth and she yelled " He's gonna choke!!"

In related news, I have signed up for a 3 hour CPR/choking class in November, so pretty soon I won't have to wake up the entire City of Whitefish when Macy decides to snack on metal.

In unrelated news, I have been attempting to sew Macy's Halloween costume... It's making me crazy. I'll blog about it later after I rip it all apart and start over. :)

4 comments:

Branden said...

Hahaha! I love it! You should also tell her that if she eats another "pretty" it might just get stuck in her foot and they will have to cut off her foot to get it out. (...it wooshed down to my foot...) On second thought, it's probably a good thing I'm not a parent. :0)

The Brown's said...

hahaha.. I am with you desperate times call for desperate measures;) As long as it works I say GOOD FOR YOU!! It will be an awesome story for a date, in laws, a therapist...;) LOVE YA!

Jamie G. said...

You are so my kind of girl! When Marina had her tonsils out, she was 3 or 4. She would NOT take the pain medicine (cause it hurt to swallow) or drink anything. She wouldn't even swallow her spit! Gross and dangerous because she was completely dehydrated. So, she LOVED her trip to the ER, LOVED her IV in her arm. She thought it was awesome! So when we got home and she started pulling the same stuff about not taking her medicine or drinking, I told her that if she wasn't going to let ME take care of her then she could go and live with the pack of coyotes that were living practically in our backyard. True story! She knew they were there, so it really did scare her. But, not enough to take the medicine. I ended up walking her out to the porch and telling her I loved her and closed the door and waited. After what seemed like an eternity, she finally agreed to start drinking and taking her meds. So, I don't know...I may have you beat! Ha Ha You're awesome!

Kristin said...

Baylie shoved at least one M&M up her nose tonight. I couldn't figure out why she had blue running out of her nose. Disgusting!