Monday, January 4, 2010

...shout out to yo mama...

Now that all this holiday hulabaloo is over, I feel the need to take a second and thank all the moms and dads out there...ESPECIALLY ours. I was blessed enough to "throw my own" Christmas this year. I was really excited for it and planned lots and lots of fun, some homemade presents, and, of course, way too much yummy food. I was heck bent on the whole nine yards.... 12 days of Christmas leading up to Christmas Eve, a swanky fondue Christmas dinner, coordinating matchy matchy wrapping and cleverly filled stockings. I even got up a little early to make sure I threw on some make up so I didn't scare the crap out of generations to come in our Christmas morning home movies....which are in HD now, thanks to Santa ....

So my report??? I did it! I pulled it all off...maybe not as GRACEFULLY as I had planned, but our first Christmas at home was a success!! Let me tell you.... I'm WASTED. It was SO much work and I STILL haven't even played with some of my Christmas presents! The whole few days were go, go, go, followed by a 9 hour road trip to Canada where we spent 3 days, followed by a crazy ,MESSY, fun New Years eve, followed by ANOTHER mini road trip to Missoula, and today starts THE BIG CLEAN UP/TAKE DOWN.....

So... the moral of the story is.... THANK YOUR MOTHER! I never realized how much time, thought, organization, effort and plain manual labor that goes into planning all the wonderful Christmas's I've experienced over the years...Thank you all you moms and dads out there ( again ESPECIALLY OUR moms and dads) for working so hard to make our memories and holidays SO fun!
This Christmas was priceless. It was worth every second of every bit of work, and I've never been so greatful for my family. We missed our extended family a LOT this year, but we know they had a lot of fun too! Thanks for all the thoughtful gifts, cards, advice, help and well wishes! WE LOVE YOU ALL!

p.s. I have pictures...but I can't currently locate my camera... so as soon as I do, I'll throw some up :)

No comments: