Wednesday, October 14, 2009

one of THOSE days...

Today was not one of those fabulous days... and I think I know why....

I shower and get ready EVERY DAY. Even when I was in the hospital for the 3 days after I had Macy, I got up every day in all my nasty-fied post-partum glory and showered, blow dried and straightened my hair, and put on a full face of make up. It's just how I roll...

Well NOT TODAY.

When Rich walked through the door at 5:30 pm after a long day at work, he found Macy and me to be exactly how he had left us at 7:30 that morning. No showers, no baths, no makeup, and STILL in the pj's we slept in...gross, right?! I can honestly say, with the exception of being really really sick, I have NEVER done this. Even on the off day that I don't shower, I still do my dirty hair and put clothes and makeup on. Needless to say Rich was a little confused, but he couldn't complain TOO much since I cooked his very favorite dinner, and the house was cleaned up, dusted and vacuumed. :) And I assured him that this no showering, hanging out in your PJ's all day thing has only happened less than 5 times in 25 years so I wouldn't be too worried about me become a shlump-a-dink of a wifey :)

Another reason it was just a blah kinda day is that I was on the phone for 2 hours with medical billing people and my insurance trying to get Macy's $1700 ER visit ( when she got SEVEN stitches back in May) covered by my GOOD FOR NOTHING insurance company.... and then I spent the better part of the day OCD-ing about various things...most of them being beyond my control yet still directly affects my general level of happiness. One in particular being my irrational/possibly rational fear of the swine flu. Word on the street is that this piggy business spells super bad news for pregnant woman and kids zero-twenty four months. My issue is that I'm not very trusting of vaccines. I mean I get the ones required for Macy on a "2 at a time and only if Macy is not sick at all" reduced schedule, but I'm not a "give me all the shots I can get my hands on" kinda girl... Call me kooky, it's just one of my things. So my biggest debate is do we get the H1N1 vaccine or no? I've been given some great advice on both sides of the isle... which only confuses me more! But I am very grateful for people that will listen to me talk in circles kooky style :) I felt better and like less of a crazy lady when I read an article that says a lot of Americans are weary of the H1N1 vaccine as well... I'm not saying I AM going to get it, but I'm not saying I'm AM NOT going to... I'm just in the research phase. It's not even available here yet, so I still have some time :)

This post is about nothing... but I feel better after admitting my ( quite literally) dirty little secret of not showering to the internet and you fine people. Oh, and any thoughts or inspirations on vaccination dilemma would be appreciated :)

8 comments:

Coralee said...

Kellie - you don't even know me, but I'll give you my opinion on the swine flu vaccine. I don't want to get it. I think it's too new and hasn't been tested on enough people (pregnant or children, for that matter). I think if you are a generally healthy person, the effects of the swine flu won't be as bad as the hype makes us think. Also, if something does go wrong with the vaccine, the manufacturers are "protected" and not responsible (per Congress), so they have nothing to lose to get a vaccine out that may or may not be completely safe for everyone. Personally, I would rather get the flu (swine or otherwise) then risk any possible complications from a new vaccine.

RazakFamily said...

There is nothing wrong with staying in your PJs all day long and having a lazy day with your kids. We do it about once a month - and my kids actually love it!! We just watch movies and eat junk-food and be together. Nothing wrong with it...you should try it more often!

As for the swine flu vaccine...I'm with you! I have no idea what to do. I'm pregnant and my kids are both "suggested" to get it. I don't know!! Both my kids have tested negative for the flu every time I take them in...but I'm still worried, you know?!?! Let me know if you find out any more information that would be helpful...

Triana Ord said...

One discussion I was having with a nurse yesterday was that this vaccine has only been out for 60 days, several of the doctors she works with won't even look at a vaccine until it's been out for 180 days. PERIOD. Things can morph and have issues after that point. So I'm saying G isn't getting one. My brother had swine flu, my mom came to take care of him while staying with us and we didn't even get it.

and there's nothing wrong with staying in your pjs every once in a while! Kudos to you for being so diligent!!!

Julie and Kyle said...

hey! im totally getting the swine flu vaccine. cause why not?

pjs are awesome. clothes are so over-rated.

Unknown said...

I love it! Today when I woke up, I thought to myself, "I wish i could stay in my jammies all day today and NOT go to work."

Cami said...

I feel the same way about that that should not be mentioned! Swine flu FREAKS me out!!!!! I have been staying home as much as I can lately and sanitizing like CRAZY! I think that's smart of you to not get the vaccines more than two at a time, that's what I want to do when we have kids. Anywho, I am glad I am not the only one being completely OCD about this situation. :)

Eric and Jodi Eames said...

So I learned a lot about vaccines this past week..even though Im totally not preggo..but someday I will be and I happened to get into a conversation so it's funny you brought this subject up.

Check these materials out they seem to be well researched.

1. Dr. Marcola's website online he updates info and will send you newsletters with recent info.

2. "Vaccinations a thoughtful parents guide." by Aviva Jill Romm
ISBN 089281931-6

3. "Vaccine Guide" By Randall Neustaedter OMD.
ISBN 1-55643-623-5

Oh and BTW I think clothes are hightly over-rated and I fully support temporary lapses of laziness...its sooo healthy for sanity I say. Luv u much!

Kristin said...

My dad and nephew got the swine flu and now everyday I'm convinced that either me or Baylie has it.