Tuesday, January 27, 2009

...I have been de-funk-tified...

I can dance. I CAN dance. I HAVE RHYTHM!!! At least I thought I did. Stay tuned for the explanation...

I have taken a pretty aggressive approach to getting my big 'ol mom butt in shape and have big plans to be semi-skinny and quite athletically svelte by May. French fries and chicken fingers are NO FRIEND OF MINE! So, today I head to the gym to sweat off some of this fabulousness in a step class. You guys... I WAS RIDICULOUS.. what the H has happened to me?? I was once a wanna be sista, rump-shakin, beat- bumpin, funk machine...and now I'm the freakin funky chicken. All the chicks in the class were following along like it ain't no thang and I'm lost beyond belief...I finally gave up after 40 embarrassing minutes of being off beat. As I headed for the door, the instructor, who is my friend, LOUDLY asks on her little spunky microphone "Kellie, where you goin??" all I could do is yell " I SUCK" and dart our the door... boo freakin hoo...

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Ha! I can so relate. I've always been overweight, but I was very athletic in my past. I played volleyball, basketball and tennis. I ran and lifted weights and was in pretty good shape. Now my goal for January is to lift my little 5 pound weights every other day and walk ONCE a week. And even that has been hard to keep up with!! Oh well, baby steps, right?

Auntie Carol said...

Hang in there (a Nannyism) and go back. Everything we do outside the realm of our usual routine is hard the first couple of times. You're my silver sneakered sista...we don't quit. In six weeks you'll be leading the class and we can throw away our size 1 red jeans together!!

Aubrey said...

I laughed out loud to your story cause I took a step class last week. Everyone seemed to have fast feet/legs and I felt so uncoordinated. I eventually started making my own steps and booty dancing instead of focusing on my steps. I figured it was a better workout anyways and I don't want to conform to the crowd. In short, I'm going to try again this week. Good luck :)

Jen Nelson said...

Hi! I'm Kenna's friend stalking you from your WW board. Yucky for the sucky class! I just wanted to stop by and say hi and tell you to keep up the good work! Sorry about the eggo incident. You can do it!!

Cyndi said...

GO BACK! I'm not saying that because I think you're fat! It's because I think your PHAT! It takes a while to learn the steps and get it down. Go a few more times and it will "very" slowly get easier! I promise. Love ya girl!

Unknown said...

It's ok kell, I was just watchin a step workout on FITtv and I almost walked out too, but then I realized I was sitting on my couch so I figured, no need. I think it's cu when u get married u lose the ability to rump shake cuz you sont need it anymore to attract and capture a male. Although its a shame cuz my booty is way bigger now so I wish I could shake it like a salt shaker still, or maybe a polaroid picture.

Unknown said...

I know your pain.....but I promise it gets better. It will just take a few classes for your rhythm to come flowin' back. Can we hang out soon please??? We miss you guys and lil' Macey Moo:)

Trent and Janel Lyman said...

Um...all I can say is ...WAY TO GO...at least you went to a class. Seriously, you are at least trying to work out, I've not quite got to that part yet. The only time available to me is in the wee hours of morning..probably not going to happen, I'm way too lazy! And I LOVE to sleep. You go girl!