Tuesday, January 13, 2009

hey there lady, I think you just got schooled...

Tonight, I made a no kid, no husband visit to Target (cue the Mormon tabernacle choir singing Hallelujah). So I'm walking down the cereal isle to grab our very favorite cereal, Target brand golden grahams of course, and I see a little girl sprinting circles around her mom's cart. I'm guessing that the girl was about 5ish and I giggled cause I had flashbacks for grocery shopping with my mom at that age and driving her nuts, and then cringed at the thought of grocery shopping with MY child when she is that age. :) Anyways... so the little girl is sprinting around the cart and accidentally knocks two boxes of cereal off the shelf. So her mom, looking and sounding fabulously frazzled says, and I quote " Britney! You are pissin' me off. If you don't cut the crap, you are gonna be a sad little girl" I immediately averted my eyes, cause this lady was reeeeally mad. I walked by kind of fast just in time to hear sweet sweet little Britney say...again I QUOTE " Mom, I don't think think that's how Jesus would talk to me, do you??" um....WHAT? I basically broke into a sprint at that point just in time to turn the corner and die of laughter right in the middle of the store. WWJD ya'll!!!!

9 comments:

ash & diz said...

That's awesome. I don't think I would've turned to corner to wait to start laughing though... =)

Unknown said...

I would feel guilty just listening to that!! But that really is so funny. Kids really end up teaching us dont they??

The Brown's said...

That is hysterical!!!

Britney said...

hahaha! I'm glad you spelled Britney they way I spell it, it's the best way.

A Lady Reveals Nothing said...

Once my sister was getting my nephew ready to go over to his friend's house. She said, "Miles, wear your Doc Martens, Dexter will love them."

And Miles said,
"He's my friend, mom, he'll like anything I wear."

Julie and Kyle said...

this is awesome! kinda sounds like me and gavin....

Cyndi said...

Let me just say...I understand that mothers pain and me myself and I have been "schooled" just as that mother has by my darling litle daughter, however it still is so funny.

Nick and Marianne said...

I love it!

Kristin said...

Okay, I stalked out your blog from McKenna's. Hope you don't mind if I add it to my list!

I had to laugh at this. I have a friend who was teaching her son to pray. They were working on really thinking about your prayers and asking God for things you really wanted/needed. So her little boy prayed that he wouldn't have to share anymore. Isn't that classic?!

P.S. I love your header, how did you do it?