So I've been streamlining my recipe collection and I ran across this lil treasure the other day... a long time ago ( like in the 90's) our ward did a cook book and my dad, of all people, submitted this super yummy recipe. As you can plainly see he is more than likely where I get my love for all things chocolate! Anyways I decided a new fun thing would be to make this pie every year on his birthday... and that day is TODAY! He would have been 51!! So I thought I'd share a little piece of history with you all! It's hard to figure out how to commemorate occasions for lost loved ones, but I'm pretty positive this suits my dad just fine! I promise he's up there today celebrating by getting crazy on a big ol chocolate cake or burnt almond fudge ice cream or peanut butter and almond m and m's or Dots...or all of the above, at the same time :) I LOVE MY DAD! Sometimes I glance over at my chubby little baby and just for a split second see my dad and I LOVE IT. (She was oh so "lucky" to inherit my dad's cute little eyes, as did I) So happy birthday dad! And you all enjoy your "big guy pie"... I know I will!
...a years worth of my silly kids....
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment