Thursday, September 1, 2011

...Quitter...

Hello, my name is Kellie Knapp, and it's been 10 days since my last Diet Dr. Pepper.

YOU HEARD ME, I DIDN'T STUTTER.

I quit....again. I have been consuming copious amounts of Diet Cherry Dr Pepper for the last 18 months. Roughly 2 liters a day, give or take... but mostly give. The caffeine withdrawal was a BEAST. I had headaches, fits of rage, and the patience of my son at the end of 10 hour car ride. NADDA. But I'm way happy to be over it. It's weird. I can tell I am less peppy, but I get more done. It's like the twilight zone, it makes no sense. But I HAVE been going to bed up to 2 hours earlier which Rich loves.....ifyouknowwhatimsayin. In the past I have quit in preparation to get pregnant, ( not the case here, FYI) but this time, I just quit for the HELLTH of it. ;) And just like that...  another long, co dependant, tasty, calorie- free friendship comes to a screeching halt. I will never forget you, and we shall, most likely, meet again sometime in the future.

We have other things happening around here....here they are in no particular order.

I took down the poll, which was REALLY FUN. I'm glad I'm not a lone money launder. I feel a LITTLE sad for those of you who do not practice the art of money laundering, a little GUILTY for those of you who I converted over to the dark side with me, and satisfied that I appalled my male audience comprised of 4 people :) Happy Money Laundering Ya'll.

Last night around 3AM to the sound of Macy crying. I went into her room and she was full on bawling. I knelt down and told her it was Mommy, and that it's all okay... the next words how of her mouth went a little something like this " I'm having a bad dream.... that daddy is a doll....and he's really really old....he's an old man doll....and I'm going to miss him!!" ......Um, scary..... I feel really bad for her and I would welcome any words of wisdom on how to generate happy Disney, candy, and Christmas filled dreams for your children.

It's Labor day weekend and we are going somewhere. WHERE? I have no idea, but when we wake up tomorrow, I'm packing for a 3 day weekend getaway. We may just get in the car and flip a coin...heads Spokane, WA, Tails Calgary, AB, Canada. Both have Olive Garden's so I'm good either way.

Macy told me today she is going to wish for 10 babies for her birthday...like real ones. I told her she has to be married before she has babies. She asked why and I told her because Heavenly Father wants babies to have families and that babies are lots of work so she'll need a husband to help with all 10 babies. She brought of the fact that our neighbor, is not married and has a baby. (oh crap). She asked why and I was stuck. I replied with a quick, not so brilliantly thought up answer of "she must not have known that before she had a baby" (?!?). Macy then exclaimed "Well I better tell her, quick!!!" Ugh.Why is there not book telling you how to answer all this stuff and then explain why we can't talk about it to other people??? You can read other insane things that happen around here with my hoodlum children, on my recently updated KIDS BLOG. There you will find the story of how Macy's butt came to feel like "burnt chicken"....

I'm getting straight giddy for Fall TV. Man I love TV. ALMOST as much as I HATE that Costco already has Christmas Decor...REALLY??? That is just dumb and way to early. But I will forgive them for having CINNABON cinnamon rolls. I bought a package for my pregnant friend and when I went to go drop it off, I stayed and ate one. Classy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You're quitting on me? Really? Just kidding. I'm quitting too.....someday....soon.

Squeeze your cute kids for me!

Drea said...

I LOVE Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper!! I used to dring WAY too much every day...then I got kidney stones...My doctor told me that it was caused during my pregnancy and not due to the dr. pepper but I was freaked out! Never want to go through that again. Yuck!

Love all the fun stories about your family . Hope you guys are great!

Kathy Ord said...

Kellie! I LOVE your blog. It's a breath of fresh air - truth! Kellie, you could have been a standup comic and the best in the biz! But, I'm happy you're an adorable, absolutely beautiful, cute Mommy and wife. AND, that I can call you my friend!

Kristin said...

Love the honesty of kids. My aunt got married at 15 and when we were little my brother asked her how she got married when she wasn't old enough to date.

Jalen wakes up crying and scared sometimes. I have to comfort him and help him get back to sleep. I'm pretty sure it's nightmares. I don't know why kids have nightmares. It seems unfair.