So we went to Canada, again
I swear we should be offered dual citizenship for as often as we travel to Canada. They may just start waving us through at the border crossing when they see our little white minivan making our way back for more fun in the Canadian sun.
This time we didn't camp...hooray! I like camping but there are no restaurants when you camp, and it's double the dirt and double the work. We made our way up to Calgary, Alberta which is about 5 hours away. Three hours into the trip there, we stopped in Cardston, AB for a little shopping at the church distribution center and to run around the Temple grounds to get some wiggles out. The Cardston Temple is actually the LDS Temple we are zoned for, even though it's so far away. I feel like one of those church magazine stories that make you feel guilty for living in Utah and having a temple so close. It's like "They didn't even have a temple close in their city! The nearest temple was in another country! They had to pack up everything and get passports and make the THREE hour drive through Glacier National Park just to get there! They had to exchange their American dollars for Canadian dollars at an AWFUL exchange rate, just to buy gas and ice cream!" I know... you feel awful reading about our hardships, we'll make it...we're survivors.
It was a quick trip, Saturday Morning to Monday afternoon, but we managed to squeeze in a full day at the Calgary Zoo, and shop at lots of fun stores like Ikea, Gap outlet, Banana Republic outlet, and we stopped practically everywhere to load up on cadbury candy and, of course, loads of smarties, which are Canada's M&M's, but 500 million times yummier than M&M's. We also swam our hearts out at the hotel and ate at.....wait for it.... OLIVE GARDEN!!!!! YAY! The not so fabulous part is that I feel like we spent a TON of money. It's not like we bought anything extravagant, but sakes alive, Canada is expensive! Not to mention the exchange rate is no picnic right now. We saw an advertised "special" for 2 burgers for $7 at A&W and Rich said " SPECIAL?!?!? More like special rip-off!" I laughed so hard and am actually still giggling as I type. :) I love my penny pincher.
Pillow, blankies and snacks....I seriously love road trips!
Hugs
Either playing peekabo or looking for his butt, you never know with Luke...
MacyMoo loves snakes!
Explaining to Luke that Batman is half one of those bats, half Christian Bale.
Gorillas...freaky and cool, all rolled into one hairy black monkey
Family photo... I'm the naked one climbing on the tree back there...
Checkin out the elephants.
Growling like bear at the bear show " Beary Potter"
She jumped at the chance to be the wizards helper...
Giraffes seriously blow my mind.
I feel for her... I carried those rugrats around like that too..
Luke loved the big "DINY!"
We stopped in Sparwood to visit the worlds BIGGEST truck ever... it was a big one.
Rich saved Luke from the street... can you tell we are little sick of getting Luke out of trouble?
little kids, big tire, photo op.
5 comments:
I just loved hearing about your trip. Brings back so many great memories of us going to Canada when we lived in Seattle. It is a way of life in the No Country. I love your family. You are the greatest and the best.
So fun! I need to go up there. I'm jealous about olive garden,shopping and the zoo,,, thanks for the candy tokens, I love them and haven't shared any with my family. It's so cute to see luke getting in on the action now.
that is so much cuteness I can hardly handle it. My head hurts!
wow your kids are so big...i can't believe macy is all grown up. look slike a lot of fun.
Your kiddos are Adorable!!! That little Luke sure looks A LOT like his mama!!
Post a Comment