Monday, July 25, 2011

...summer lovin...

Despite the widespread belief that I've died.... I haven't. I am however guilty of blog neglect, and for that I say.. Lo Siento
I've just been SUPER CRAZY busy. How busy you ask? Allow me to illustrate in photographic form....
We've been enjoying the annual 3 months of sunny skies here in Montana by practically living outside with the neighbors. The kids have been riding scooters, bikes, and the super adorable, very pink barbie Jeep that was just gifted to Macy from none other than the famous Gobby and Pops. (pictures coming soon)

Rich has been remembering to take the trash to the curb... in nothing but his underwear and a coat, prompting me to snap as many pictures and possible, as well as FORCE the neighbors to question his sanity and sexuality ALL at the same time.

We enjoyed watching Macy during her week long soccer camp in June. Watching someone teach three olds to play soccer is like watching a drunk person try to heard cats.

We took full advantage of the summer showers and Montana's unofficial state Motto " You can never look too white trash in this state" by playing in the rain in camo gear, diapers and galoshes.

We celebrated the Fourth with a slew of friends, family, and the missionaries. I was going to post pictures of said friends and family, but at least one person looked not cute in EVERY SINGLE group shot, so to avoid bad feelings, you must imagine what the friends and family looked like. :)

Rich set an super safe example for all the youngsters in attendance, all while showing some school pride for his alma mater. I'm sure this is bound to be on the cover of next years BYU brochures. This was also the last picture ever taken of Rich with his right hand still attached...... Just kidding. 


My mom and Kfed invited us to go fishing on the Flathead Lake! Macy caught her first fish and she LOVED IT! She held it up and said " I'm gonna eat you!" She loved how slimy the fish were and just overall super into fishing... as you can clearly see here.


Pop's showing Macy the ways of Fish Whispering.

 Rich, putting the moves on the trout.

Can anyone hear Rich saying " yeah, that's right"? I can.

Thank you fish....for providing me with the yummiest fish tacos EVER.

 We welcomed home every one's favorite large little brother and uncle...KYLE! Kyle spent the last two years in Atlanta, serving a Spanish speaking mission for the LDS church. We missed him so much and it's so fun to have him home, to get to talk to him and to hang out with him. WE MISSED HIM SO MUCH! 

We threw a 50th birthday party at Mambo's...

For the world's most smokin hott 50 year old :) Macy picked out the crown and wand so Gobby could be a "birthday princess".

We ate half of this AMAZING carmel cake....then I accidentally left it at the restaurant and the staff ate the other half before I had a chance to go back and get it. boooo.

We watched Mom open gifts....

 and then we watched her freak out over the gifts...

We hiked the Trail of the Cedars and the Avalanche Lake hike...this is the lake...those are my hoodlum children, disturbing the ecosystem...

 We hiked with these fine folks ( my sister Katie, her fiance, Dan)

This crazy one eyed kid we picked up along the way...

And these fine folks.

Macy was throwing down some serious super sleuthing....

And Luke is up for anything, as long as he's allowed to be naked. 

 THIS ISN'T EVEN THE HALF! We had so many little things all rolled into 3 weeks! Rich and I both spoke in church! Rich did amazing and I squashed ANY chance of becoming Relief Society President for the rest of eternity Since when do they frown upon saying the word "crap" from the pulpit?!
We threw a big BBQ and Minute to Win it tournament with the ENTIRE family and the missionaries. We picnicked in Glacier, went bowling, WATCHED THE LAST HARRY POTTER, cleaned the house 50 gazillion times, weeded the back yard, cleaned out the garage, went on a date with my husband to eat sushi and see Super 8 (SCARY!), lots of shopping, started physical therapy, got half way done with Luke's rag quilt, and did only about 5,000 loads of laundry.

SEE?!?! I've been busy.

2 comments:

Lisa Erickson said...

Wow! You have definitely been busy! I love the picture of Macy and Kyle! ADORABLE!!! By the way, my aunt and uncle know Kyle (random). They were in the same mission and just got home in May. My aunt said Kyle was very helpful to my uncle (who is blind) and was always willing to help out. So glad you are having such a fun summer!

Kristin said...

I am officially dying over Rich's garbage taking out attire.