Let's go back a few years...
When Rich I were dating he had to go to Minneapolis on business. The stinker went and visited the MALL OF AMERICA while he was there... WITHOUT ME! At the time I was 21 and a self proclaimed mall expert. He made things a whole lot better right away by telling me that while he was there... he picked me up a present! A PRESENT?!?! From the largest mall in a America??? Score.
I was stoked. I googled Mall of America and poured over their list of stores, wondering what it might be. A bag from Bloomingdales? A necklace from Nordstoms? A box of chocolate from Godiva? A scarf from Burberry?
Wrong..... It was a nail buffer.
You know what I'm talking about.... those 4 sided nail shiners. The ones that the "Hey, pretty lady can I see your hand" people are always pushing from a kiosk. Of course since we were in the dating and I'm madly-in-love phase, I thought it was adorable that he would even think of me and BUY me something. The point is... he was SOLD. He took the bait, hook, line, and sinker and bought one.
Rich often does really cute things little things for me. He sneaks me little candies from work or brings me a D
iet Dr Pepper here and there, ya know the little stuff. Although the little treasures he brings me are usually FREE to him, I still like that he saw something and thought "Kellie would like that." It goes back to the days when you were in school and loved when the boy you liked wrote you a note because that meant he was thinking about you even if you weren't there.
Which brings me to how my hubby got suckered into purchasing me THIS gift.
I was out to lunch with some friends.When I got home, Rich was sitting on the couch. In one hand, the phone, in the other... a credit card? hmm....
Then I look at the TV, which was on, but paused. On the screen???
Cute. My husband was sold on the chef basket! It cracks me up that he got exited over the promise of being able to from straight from the pot to the plate with this miracle product. :) Steam, rinse, drain, fry? ALL IN ONE?! AND it's folds flat to store?!?!?! And it comes with a knife that will NEVER GO DULL?! ALL FOR JUST $14.99?!?!? KELLIE WILL LOVE THIS!!!!
SOLD.
It is super fun for me to see my otherwise, research and review obsessed husband, drop a few bucks on cute impulse buys for me :) I mean this man won't buy underwear without reading the reviews on it first... well... maybe not underwear :) BUT he did take 6 months to find the TV he wanted, 3 months for a video camera, almost a year to finally buy the mattress of his dreams, and TWENTY EIGHT years to finally decide on a wife :)
Thanks for the Chef's basket hunny. I can't wait to boil some rigatoni.

2 comments:
I WANT ONE OF THOSE!!!! You'll have to tell me how it is and if it's really as good as it says it is. I'm such a "Ya RIGHT" kinda person. I immediately want it but then the more I watch it the more I think, "If they are selling it for $19.95 I'm changing the channel!" So cute! I want Brent to be more of an impulsive buyer and buy me stuff! :)
I'll come visit and you can make a pasta dinner with your new chef basket. ;)
my husband loves watching those infomercials, luckily i've been able to stop him before he buys anything. lol.
umm... FYI: i miss you. please come visit utah soon!
Post a Comment