Thursday, June 3, 2010

...sick of waiting...

So waiting a week in between fun questions is killing me, so I decided I'm going to change questions when I get 45 votes. So if you want your vote counted... VOTE EARLY! (for all you technical people...*ahem..Branden and Rich* I realize capping the vote, and not specifying gender in these polls isn't making for the most ACCURATE results, but this isn't the freaking Rasmussen poll, it's my silly little mom blog, but I appreciate you need for accuracy and fairness :)


I LOVE this new game! Ok.... so maybe the pee question was a little too non-classy, but at least we know that MOST people (in the world of people that read my blog), pee in the shower and have no problems. This week I'll switch from a not classy question to a " past transgression" question :) Rich thinks these should be off limits, but I'm not going to get SERIOUS about it.. just fun... I'll start by answering publicly...



YES I have stolen something... twice... kind of.



Theft situation number 1...I was 6 and my sister Kacie was 7. I told her if SHE stole a jellybean out of the candy bin at the grocery store, then I WOULD TOO! She agreed and took a jelly bean and ate it, then being the complete nark that I was, I ran and told my mom.... I WAS SUCH A PUNK! I'm sorry Kacie! I told my mom the whole story and to teach us a lesson, she went and told the store manager( who happened to go to the same church as us) and she told him what had happened. He proceeded to give us a little honestly lesson right there, and I'll never forget it.


Theft situation number 2... I went to the SAME grocery store 7 years later (when I was 13) with my BFF Mandi McIlvaine and her brother Ryan and her sister Haley. It was about 11 at night and we were running around the store like little hooligans, playing on the intercom and blowing up balloons in the floral dept. I took a un inflated clear balloon with black spiders printed on it and carried it around the store blowing it up and squeezing the air out of it... next thing I knew we were back in the car and I was still holding the unpaid for balloon.


So I guess what I'm REALLY saying is that I still owe Smiths on Flamingo and Sandhill in Las Vegas, NV 35 cents for a balloon and 5 cents for the jellybean my sister ate. I wonder if I can send them a check....


VOTE! and if you would like to alleviate yourself of guilt you've been carrying around for 15 plus years... please feel free to admit what YOU've stolen....

3 comments:

~SHERI said...

I am actually very much against theft... :) but I find when I am super tired, my kids are super cranky, screaming, we have just ended our 2 hour Target shopping trip, and I have just buckled at least one kid and unpacked our bags in the car, and then I find some random unpaid for thing in the stroller or thrown in my purse by said kids, sometimes I just can't bring myself to unpack and go back in... So I will drive up to the door and wait to see if any worker comes walking around. If so, RAD, and I will give them the stolen object and drive away. If not, I swear to myself I will pay for it next time...
Luckily this doesn't happen very often. :)

Unknown said...

HEY!!! Thanks for outing me as a HOOLIGAN!! Those were actually my pre-hooligan years, thank you very much! My mom's really pissed cause you made her look bad....haha love you!!

Tots and Tails said...

Wait does that mean I was driving? What they heck was I doing with a bunch crazy tweens?