Thursday, February 26, 2009

...guess where we're moving to...

That's right...we are headed to Big Sky Country!! Whitefish, Montana to be exact, which is a resort town/second home community of 7,000 regular residents and tons of seasonal residents that they call the front porch of Glacier National Park. (pictured above, and p.s. our house really isn't right there, haha ) Rich has been hired as the Assistant City Manager and Finance Director for the city of Whitefish, and we are really excited for his new position. We are freaked, excited, nervous, sad and happy ALL at the same time. We are so sad to leave the family and friends and "Big City" conveniences here in Utah, but are excited to be stepping out on this crazy adventure together! I called our soon to be bishop's wife to ask her about the area and the church there, and she gave me all positive feedback. The funny part is when she asked where I was from. I answered Las Vegas...she gave a huge pause and finally said, " Well, it's quite different here, so get excited!" haha. Another story I find a hilarious is when we went there to interview, an adorable women came up to me and complimented me on my purse, and asked " Did you get that at Ross??" to which I replied, "No, I got it at Guess in Park City, UT." She gave me a confused look and goes, "Oh that's nice...what's Guess??" OH BOY....they are in for a shocker, cause I'm gonna get those ladies up outta Whitefish and take them shopping for fabulous bags and big earrings!!! You can all rest easy knowing they do have a Target, Costco, McDonald's that has Diet Dr. Pepper on tap, all the fast food joints you could think of, a ton of quite a few grocery stores, a gym and aquatic center, nice library, and a brand new hospital and birthing center. :) So...it's not COMPLETELY in the sticks. Although when we went to look at our new house, I did see fresh moose and deer hooves prints and a few really big paw prints...FREAKY.... the best part of the whole thing is you can fly to Vegas from their airport, round trip for $90!!! Holla!!!! :) There are tons of ski resorts in the super long winter and Glacier National Park is packed full of amazing-ness for when it's warm outside!!! COME VISIT ANYTIME! We have a guest room, so you're ALWAYS WELCOME!!!! WISH US LUCK!

29 comments:

Heather Nelson said...

Kelly Knapp...are you really living my dream? Take me with you!! That is so awesome I'm so so happy for you guys. I will miss you terribly, we need to get together before you leave!

Kayla said...

Oh my gosh! I'm cracking up thinking of how hilarious church will be when you come there. Can you please record it?

Eric and Jodi Eames said...

Well, I guess all I can say is watch out Whitefish cause here comes three of my favorite sassy friends!!...they won't have any idea what hit em.

I'm glad we were given the chance to be neighbors and friends. I'm gonna miss all our summer night tiki lawn fests and watching Macy and her newest tricks. That girl is nothing short of amazing. I guess we've absorbed your awsomeness long enough, time to share you with Montana..do we have to???

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow!!! I can't believe you're moving to Montana!!! At least they have all of the essentials, but still you're my sassy friend Kellie!!! Montana is not gonna know what hit them! Love you guys, this is going to be great for your little family!

kenna said...

I want to say 'Congrats!' and 'Boo!' all at the same time.

Soooo

CONGRATS!

BOO...

I will miss you...and Moo...and maybe Rich.

Aubrey said...

Congrats on the move! Sounds like it will be a so much fun. And I love that you're 'drink of choice' is diet dr. pepper. Deliciousness without the calories :)

Drea said...

Wow! That's crazy and SO exciting!! Congratulations! We are going to miss you guys but are excited for your fun family adventure! Thank goodness for blogs! Keep us posted. Love ya!

Brock said...

Congrats!! Sounds like a heck of an adventure and I'm glad that there's a Costco nearby.

The Erickson Family said...

THAT IS AWESOME! Congrats you guys. I wish we know what we were going to do. I am still waiting on dental school, but if not...I need to get out of Laramie. Anyway, congrats.

Dj,Megs & 5 Beautiful kids said...

That is so exciting! What an adventure! When do you leave?

Nick and Marianne said...

Sounds fun!! Good luck with everything. It looks beautiful!

RazakFamily said...

SO excited for you.....SO sad for me!!!

When do you guys leave???

Anonymous said...

congrats! Good luck!
kristie

Jamie G. said...

Wow...totally exciting!! Congrats and good luck!! Thomas and I were just talking about taking a drive that way, but thought Glacier National Park was a bit too far.

Jeff and Holly said...

We are soooo happy for you guys!!! We will definitely come and visit you guys, it's not too far from my parents house and Jeff has a bank near there. When is the big move?

Shanicherie said...

Kellie, that's awesome! My parents and I stayed at that amazing resort in Whitefish a few years ago and we LOVED the area! You will be the town fashion consultant!

Kara and Tyler said...

YOU'RE GUNNA DO IT!!! :D Oh, that's so fun. Ty's dad said that that place is pretty much the best place you could ever live. He is a geologist and a skier. :)
So pretty much you have to count us in on coming to visit!! We're gunna miss our fun neighbors!! When are you moving?

Unknown said...

WHAT??? I'm screaming right now....I'm so excited for you, and so sad! I'm gonna miss y ou guys so much!! But yay for Rich!!! Congrats! And all the ladies in Whitefish are in for such a treat with Kellie Knapp movin' to town. We must have a big party!! When do you leave?

Kemp Kuties said...

I hadn't checked in in a while so I clicked on your blog this AM to find that you're moving! Hey, congrats - I was always up for a move and an adventure (This has been the longest that Tony & I have been in one spot since we married 9 years ago!).

Kellie, we can get you boxes if you need them for your move. Do you have to pack everything, or is the new job moving you? PLEASE let MACY COME PLAY W/US BEFORE YOU LEAVE!!! R & MG WOULD LOVE IT AND YOU COULD ACTUALLY GET SOME PACKING/CLEANING DONE.

Loves

Britney said...

I'm so happy for you guys!

Julie and Kyle said...

well, its not beaver... but it will do. CONGRATS!!! At least you have a target and costco. im jealous already. come visit before you move! seriously, do it.

Anonymous said...

We are coming to Visit you this summer for sure. I have always wanted a reason to go to Montana. I want to go to Glacier Nat Park Too. Hurray for the No longer Unemployed!!!

Robin and Cody said...

Cool, now we will be summer neighbors, at least for a few days maybe.

Ciara said...

1. CONGRATS...on the job!
2. CONGRATS...on the house! Double booya!
3. CONGRATS...on getting to snowboard whenever you want since you will LIVE on a mountain! Just don't ever forget your wonderful experiences with the ski bus and me and the city of cedar hills! ha!

The Brown's said...

CONGRATS ON THE NEW JOB!!!!! Im excited for you to start a new adventure:O)

Kristin said...

Happy for you, sad for me. If you ever drive to Vegas, be sure to stop here on the way through. I've only been to Montana once, but it's beautiful, so maybe we'll come up and go camping.

When do you have to go?

-Special Mothertivity- said...

I love Montana. Its beautiful! Your bag story is so funny! You will give all those ladies a run for their money!
Good luck with the move!

Marc and Lori Johnson said...

Holy Cow! You are moving to Montana? But who is going to give us a play by play of everybody up camping? We will miss you guys but are very excited for you! Congrats! Good luck moving!

andrea said...

I found your blog through jaime garyson. Just thought I would say that whitefish is a thriving metropolis compared to the little town of Ely, NV. We are happy to have a full sized grocery store, and McDonald's has only been here about 5 years I think. There are a few random little stores for clothes, but no Wal-Mart, Target, or any national store. Good luck in your new location!