Ok church in your pajamas is the best thing ever.... I love, love, love, conference weekend. I've always had a love hate relationship with conference. I loved it when I was a little kid because my mom would always paint my sisters and my toes and nails during conference and make up fun games for us to play to get us to pay attention. Then when I was a teenager I didn't really like it because I looked at it as more of a freebee weekend to go out of town or something like that so I was mad when I had to stay home and watch it. I LOVED conference weekend during my single years with the 230 boys and my girls...SO FUN... We always pulled pranks on Brock, Derek, Curt and Cody during priesthood session and those are seriously some of the best times EVER! Now as a "grown-up" (which I still think I'm far from) I love it because I actually look forward to learning the things the prophet and apostles have to say! I love seeing the good and the blessings that come from applying their amazing teachings into my life. I love also how every conference there is always at least one talk that DIRECTLY for you...crazy how that works huh? I was so grateful to hear President Monson speak about his cute family and to see his sensitive side. I think he is super cute and I'm exited to hear more about him. I love him! And in case any of you were wondering I still have a big fat innocent, very respectful, non-weird, crush on Elder Uchtdorf, let's just say he is one fine looking pilot and Sister Uchtdorf better be counting her many blessings! Anyways, I just wanted to say I am humbled ,once and again, and grateful for church in your pajamas... :)For more info on General Conference or the LDS Church in general, click HERE .... :)
10 comments:
i couldn't agree more!! love conference weekend, love being in scrubs all weekend & i loved hearing from our new prophet!!! by the way how is body for life going?? come visit us at the office soon, or lets have another get together soon!! love ya
um...I agree 100%. Crushes on older spiritual men who happen to be attractive in their over the hill age is quite normal. THANK YOU for publicly announcing what all we women are thinking. PLUS, who can pass up that accent?
i feel the same way about elder uchtdorf. he's a good looking guy. you need to move to Cincinnati, we don't have conference until noon here. we can sleep in as long as we want.
Hey Kellie, it's Shannon...Ogg's wife. If you're interested, I'm making my blog private, so if you want to, send me your email address to shanicherie@gmail.com.
Ha! Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Elder Uchtdorf is a total stud. I told Curt yesterday "that is one handsome man".
OKAY Kelly I am going to have to write to the church headquarters if you can get a grip on your feelings for Uchtdorf! Just kidding I think he's very distinguished:O)
Kellie, I think Elder Uchtdorf is awesome too! :)
I totally agree about Uchtdorf... I was thinking the same thing! :) and I love soooo much listening to his talks. He's so inspirational and right on, and not boring at all! I loved his talk about heritage... letting new converts know that it's ok to not have pioneer ancestry you know? totally cool! love you! come see me K?
You know when I STOPPED going to girls camp I kinda had these weird spirituality withdrawals. It took me a long time to realize that I still get the same incredible feelings from watching Conference as I did from Friday nights at girls camp.
I'm whole heartedly right beside you! You could NOT have said it better!! I love Elder Uchtdorf. He is such a special man, you can just feel it when he speaks.
Post a Comment