Christmas 2013 was definitely one for the books! I was hell bent on making it magical after the previous 6 months of hardship we had to endure! :) We moved into our house on December 4th and we were unpacked, set up, and totally decorated for Christmas by the 9th. I had plans and priorities people!
Christmas started with Christmas Cards or course. I love them... you know these little people AND Christmas Cards.
Our first Christmas activity was a new tradition we started this year, our first year in Davis County! We took the Front Runner train to Temple Square to eat at the Lion House Pantry and see the lights at temple square. The kids LOVED the train, loved all the different nativity scenes on temple square, and LOVED all the lights. It was SO much fun and we can't wait to go again next year!
We did the obligatory Costco gingerbread house, and a few other Christmas-y arts and crafts.
We continued our yearly tradition of Daddy and kids making a disgusting, sugar coma inducing Gingerbread man/cake.
Another yearly tradition of sleeping by the tree on the 23rd of Christmas.
...and we even let the baby in on it this year!
Cookies and eggnog for Santa... and a ridiculously embarrassing note from Macy.
Kiddies in their Christmas jammies at the top of the stairs....waiting and waiting.
The pre-present reveal obstacle course gets bigger and bigger every year. This year included a jump from the stairs, tunnels, basket ball shooting, angry birds launching at Lego towers, sliding, and a bubble machine. It's Rich's pet project and he lives for it.
Two fires...like a boss.
The aftermath, aka my worst hated part of Christmas. I LOVE Christmas but I love even more that I get to spend it with this little family.

No comments:
Post a Comment