Monday, June 23, 2014

...Macy's 2nd First Day of Kindergarten...

When we moved into Mrs. Stoney's house we started our house search.

On our first Saturday, we looked at 8 properties, and instantly declined all 8. We quickly learned that this process was going to take a little longer than we anticipated.

That is when I decided to enroll Macy into school. School had already been in session for a month, at this point, so she was coming in late, but not TOO late. I almost didn't sign her up at all, because if we ended up moving to an area further away, I would have to transfer her AGAIN, but with the timeline just being too much of a mystery, I really had no other choice.

We enrolled her at Knowlton Elementary in Farmington. I was nervous about her being "the new girl", although I have no idea why. Macy is one of the most positive, resilient people I've ever met, and she did WONDERFULLY. She immediately made friends, jumped right into the routine and loved her new school. As an added bonus and as luck would have it, we were given THE WORLD'S BEST KINDERGARTEN TEACHER EVER, Mrs. Spendlove. Words can't explain how much our family loves Mrs Spendlove. She is the perfect mix of everything it takes to make a great Kindergarten teacher. In fact, I love her so much, that we are now good friends and we go to lunch and get our kids together to play. We SERIOUSLY lucked out in a big way.

Here's Macy on her first day of school in Utah...



No comments: