Even though we knew we were moving in just one week, I didn't have the heart to not let Macy start her first day of school. After all we'd been talking this moment up for what seemed like FOREVER! She had a whole new wardrobe, an amazing glittery new back pack, and fridge full of yummy food to pack for lunches!!!
Truth be told I was 100% sure I was going to LOSE IT big time on Macy's first day of school. I mean I pretty much had a nervous breakdown just registering her! Maybe it was exhaustion, maybe it was knowing we only had a week here, or maybe because I was just so excited for Macy that I had no room to be sad and nervous for myself, but I was fine! Maybe one teeny tear escaped my eye, but I was just SO happy that the day Macy had been waiting for was finally here!
We woke up early on the first day of school and excitedly ate breakfast as we talked about all the things she might do that day! After breakfast, we got dressed, packed her backpack and took pictures!
In the car on the way to school, Rich played Europe's-It's the Final Countdown to get her all pumped up... I'm not sure it pumped her up, but it was hilarious. Especially when Luke said "this song is weird" ( Sarah, I'm pretty sure I told him about yours and Joel's tunnel run through final countdown, and he thought to was awesome...so I think that's why he copied you had the brilliant idea to use that song :))
She told me I was going crazy with the camera at this point and I need to stop. :) Not really, but I was and I should have.
Macy was super excited as she walked away from us and into school, and I tried to push back all my worries and anxiousness, and just be happy for her. Oh, and I said 400 thousand silent prayers that she would have fun and be good and that no one would hurt her or emotionally scar her for life.
As Luke, Miley and I drove away from the school, Luke sighed so loudly and dramatically exclaimed "This is the best day of my life." :)
1 comment:
I've just been catching up on your blog. I absolutely love the way you tell your stories. But, as always, it makes me sad we don't live closer because I know you, me and our girls would have a blast together.
Post a Comment