Monday, April 11, 2011

...emotional wreck...

I'm SO ready to move. I'm so sick of cleaning my house that I'd like to move JUST so I can have a different house to clean over and over again. It's not in my chemical makeup to clean as I go, which turns every day from into 3-5 into cleaning frenzy. It also doesn't help that I have to vacuum EVERY DAY. I swear the is a hole somewhere on my son's body that leaks crushed pieces of cracker and cereal.
I usually love organizing, however I loathe organizing Blu-rays and Xbox games. MOSTLY because we are lazy around here and whenever we switch out a blu ray for another, we put the disc that was in the blu ray player, in the box that belongs to the disc we are about to put in the blu ray player... get it? So in order to get it all right and organized you have to back track to every movie you own to switch around all the discs. Just yesterday the order went like this Tangled was in the Monsters Inc case, Monsters Inc was in the Finding Nemo Case, Finding Nemo was in the Beauty and the Beast case, Beauty and the Beast was in the Cars case, and Cars was in the Tangled Case. At the end of my little scavenger hunt I felt like I needed a cash prize for getting it all figured out in under 30 minutes. I think my friend Holly has the right idea because she just chucks the case and has all the movies in one of those CD holders zippy bookie things. I need one of those. Either that or audition for a disc organizing game show.

Speaking of organizing. I'm gearing up for my first garage sale EVER. I'm VERY stressed out by the prospect of having a garage sale, but I really want to all at the same time. We are combining with other families and having it on our lawn, and I'm already having indigestion over the whole thing. Here's why...
#1. I DESPISE bargaining. DESPISE. Like if it says $2, it's $2. I don't want to go through the uncomfortable process of saying no or counter offering. UGH. 
#2. What if I find someone just walking off with something they don't pay for? Do you confront them? Do you call the po-po? Not fun.
#3The unsolved mysteries freak in me also thinks during my garage sale, some wacko is going to case my house and my stuff and see if it's worth breaking into my house to get the good stuff we aren't selling.
#4 I also don't want my kids there while I sell our old stuff and toys that I deem too annoying because I JUST KNOW Macy will run after someones car crying and screaming "THAT IS MINE!!!" We re- arranged the furniture in our house MONTHS ago during her nap and she still comes downstairs after a nap and asks me to put it back the other way, so I can just imagine what it will do to her fragile "anti-change" emotional state if someone walks away with something that has belonged to her her whole life.
#5 Then there's always the people of Whitefish finding out that the guy who spends their hard earned tax dollars lives here. What if someone sees it's our house and they are super ticked that Rich raised their utility rates and then they toilet paper us or bomb us or something like that.

Welcome to how I operate. It's not pretty, is it? There's medication somewhere out there with my name on it.

On a lighter, more cute note I did update our kid blog HERE.

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Your movie scavenger hunt just described my day perfectly. It is always a wild goose chase to find the right movie. I have totally been there so many times! It is usually Shelby or Jake that put them in the wrong case though. I try really hard to put it back in its proper case.

Does Macy still remember your old apartment? Shelby still asks to go back to our old house all the time. I can't believe she even remembers it 18 months later...that's almost half her life! She doesn't handle change well either. I just took a load of crap to the DI today and I am sure that she'll be asking where certain toys are. Definitely don't have Macy at your garage sale.

Kristin said...

I vacuum at least once a day too! I've even wondered if I could get away with leaving the vacuum in the living room on a permanent basis.

I agree with your girlfriend, we put all our movies and CDs in a giant CD holder thing. All the DVDs/Blue Rays are in one and the CDs in another. It's so much easier! I do have all of Baylie's movies in a smaller one so she can flip through and pick what she wants and so they're easy to take in the car.

We had a guy walk off with a camera at our garage sale. He was old and I wondered if he did it on purpose or if he had Alzheimer's or something. And there are the people who say "$1! Are you serious?!"