So I used to think people who didn't let their kids say semi-naughty words, we're semi-uptight :) I mean, what was so wrong with a little kid saying one or two silly little questionable words? I'm referring to those words that can be found in the list of words that are not TECHNICALLY swears, but you wouldn't say them in front of your Grandma or Jesus. I always thought it would be funny if a little kid busted out one of those words....right?
No, actually... it's not.

Today DURING CONFERENCE, Luke was in his swing and for a second it looked like he might be slumped over or something funky, so I exclaimed " Oh my gosh!" as I ran over to his swing. Macy was in the room, observing the whole thing and as soon as I was done situating her little bro, she oh- so -sweetly asked me " Mommy? Are you pissed???"
UM....WHAT?!?!
My first reaction to hearing my sweet, cherubic, rosy-cheeked, redhead utter such a naughty word, was to ask her where on earth she has learned such a word. LAST TIME I CHECKED Mickey Mouse doesn't say pissed. Before I could utter the question, I had it answered. ME. She learned that super naughty word (but not technically a swear word) from ME.
BURN...
NEWSFLASH... times are changing!!! Miniature people that I am in charge of raising to be classy, productive members of society are now listening to my every STINKING word!!!
My freshman year of college, while standing outside of an ice skating rink, one of my best friends (I heart you, BR) told me I talked like a "dirty sailor." Yes that sounds rude-ish... but it was necessary since I pretty much did. As I said in my previous post, my language has improved DRAMATICALLY since 2002, however after today I realized my mouth is about due for a Spring cleaning and a fine tuning, since I now have a redheaded talking parrot listening to my every syllable.... OH THE JOY AND RESPONSIBILITY of motherhood...
6 comments:
on the bright side, at least you know she learned it from you!!!
My son copies everything i say too...I have changed 'pissed' to 'frustrated' and 'holy crap' to 'oh my gosh'....it's amazing what comes out of their mouths :) :) :)
Get real! That sounds normal to me.
That is the most important word in my vocabulary. I guess that's why my boys don't say it. ya think? Their mother was a sailor mouth.
What a funny little girl you have. I can't wait until the first time Pierce says douche so Brock will stop saying it so much!! It takes a dirty sailor to know a dirty sailor. :)
hahahaha..sounds totally normal to me. Mckena said dagnabit at church on sunday not so good but at least it wasnt the real thing:)
Hahaha. Your posts need to come with warning labels like "Not appropriate for work." Why you may ask? It's not good when you're sitting across the conference table from your boss and you start laughing out loud. I at least need to have a better excuse when he asks why I'm laughing. Thanks for the entertainment. ;)
hilarious. you're becoming a molly mormon, you know.
Post a Comment