Being a full time, stay at home mom takes a fair share of motivation and inspiration. Don't get me wrong, those little messy faced kisses and the super cute " lud you mommy"s I hear are pretty motivational....but sometimes you just need a little mid week reminder why you are repeatedly pouring sippy cups of milk, changing stinky diapers, and trading in a super pretty paycheck for fun filled 24/7 of non stop parenting :) I was looking up some mom quotes today and found some really good ones... As I searched I kept running into certain quotes that were hitting me pretty hard and they all seemed to be from one guy. David O McKay. I don't know much about the man, other than the fact that he was president of my church for a really long time, and that there was a building named after him at my school that I used to cut through to get to Tennis class :) So as I read more and more quotes from him today I decided I really like him. So without further ado here are some awesome quotes from my newly found friend David O McKay :) ( they aren't ALL about being a mom)"Let husband and wife never speak to one another in loud tones,unless the house is on fire."
"Motherhood is the greatest potential influence either for good or ill in human life. The mother's image is the first that stamps itself on the unwritten page of the young child's mind. It is her caress that first awakens a sense of security; her kiss, the first realization of affection; her sympathy and tenderness, the first assurance that there is love in the world.”
“No other success can compensate for failure in the home.”
“Children are more influenced by sermons you act than by sermons you preach.”
" A father can do no greater thing for his children than to let them feel that he loves their mother"
"Freedom of choice is more to be treasured than any possession earth can give"
....and my all time favorite.....
"Pleasure is not the purpose of man's existence. Joy is"
3 comments:
Well said. Love being a mom, but seriously, it can be HARD WORK!
Thanks for the post today! You brightened my day! Miss you!
Nice pick-me-up! I actually really needed that today (we had 2 kids with no naps today) and makes it a bit easier...
Post a Comment