Monday, June 8, 2009

Big Sky Country Camping....

Well, we ventured out on our first camping trip in Montana! We went about 30 minutes West of our house to Tally Lake Campground. The campsite was SO AWESOME. It was by far the best camping spot I've ever camped at and Rich said it was the second best spot for him :) hah. Macy loved every second of it, and got more dirty than she's ever been in her 19 months of living. I cooked a yummy one pot wonder for dinner and then Rich's favorite dutch oven breakfast pizza in the morning and Rich and Macy had A BLAST exploring the lake shore and trees and rocks around it. A few camp trips ago Rich brought tiki torches and it was so fun that we've brought them ever since. I HIGHLY recommend taking them on your next camp out. That create SUCH a cool atmosphere and if you get the citronella tiki oil, they help keep bugs away, too! The next afternoon we tried out our new baby backpack and took an hour and half loop hike that was maybe the prettiest hike I've ever been on. The back pack worked like a charm, ( thanks for hauling it Rich!) because Macy pretty much slept the entire hike. YAY! So...come to MONTANA! We'll take you camping!!
...my red heads....

On the way to the trail
I brilliantly forgot ice... so we improvised!

I really liked this...

View of our site, from the lake

cuteness at it's best

view from our tent front door, otherwise, self explanatory... :)

she really was enjoying herself.. I promise....

6 comments:

Spence and Car said...

OK SO ms macy moo is getting cuter and cuter, i didn't think it would be possible for her to become any cute but she keeps raising the bar of cuteness. she must get that from her momma! glad you guys had a fun time!

Unknown said...

Macy is getting so big! We've been dying to camping...maybe we'll just trek up your way and camp Montana-style!! Looks beautiful! Miss you guys!

Brock said...

i wish we were camping with you guys:-(

Marc and Lori Johnson said...

Yeah for camping trips! I wonder if all the Knapp's are going to have a camping trip this summer? Well, it wouldn't be the same without you guys. Your camping trip looks really fun!

Steve and Hailey said...

I want to come play! That looks amazing. I live for camping and outdoors and I actually LOVE Montana. I do admit that waking up in the morning camping can feel a bit gross...I do love being clean. As long as there is a swimming lake, I'm okay. Oh and I like Steve to make a yummy cooked breakfast and I HATE the clean-up and unpacking when I get home...ehehhehe.

Kristin said...

awesome! our ward campout got postponed, so we pitched our tents here at the end of anne circle. it was fun (and we even had indoor plumbing!).

I want the recipe for the breakfast pizza in the dutch oven.