Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thank you, George Dubbya Bush....


We LOVE America... I'm not joking, we like, REALLY love this place. I'm proud to be an American and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love going to other countries and visiting and seeing their beautiful sights and I appreciate everything they have to offer from phenomenal architecture to strange and sometimes stinky food and I especially love the different customs and traditions they have. Having said that, every time I've come home from a different country I appreciate this country SO MUCH more. I really love this place. Granted, we are going through a bit of a rough patch I still believe that America is where it's at and that Americans are for the most part, really good people... :) So having said ALL OF THAT, when I got my economic stimulus check (or George Bush money, as I like to call it) NATURALLY the only good American thing to do would be to....well....spend it :) While we didn't spend all of it (at the request of my redhead) I just felt the need to publicly thank George Bush for a shiny new super duper vacuum, a new set of luggage and a Park City shopping extravaganza. The funniest thing is that when we were checking out of Costco with our vacuum and luggage, the receipt checker guy looks at our receipt looks up at us and said "well folks....thanks for stimulating the economy" I wanted to hug him and say the pledge :) So....I can rest easy this Fourth of July knowing I spent my George Bush money like my president wanted me to :)


P.S. Until my JUNIOR YEAR of high school I thought the pledge said "one nation, under God, INVISIBLE, with liberty and justice for all." I thought it meant Americans we so bad A, that we were invisible. Like don't mess with us cause we'll kick your A so fast you won't even see us because we are INVISIBLE... too bad that not really what it is. But I'm cool with INDIVISIBLE too. :)


P.P.S Once my family went to Tijuana when I was in middle school and when we were coming back, the guy at the customs stand asked my sister, Kacie, to declare her nationality.....she put her hand on her heart and started to say the pledge... I love her.

4 comments:

Ciara said...

kelli kelli kelli,

you are freakin hilarious and Lyle and I are laughing so hard at this post.
1. because we know you are serious and we LOVE that you are serious.
2. because of your funny story tellin ways
3. because you spent your stimulus check the RIGHT way (even if we used ALL of ours overseas on london)
4. because lyle wants to write a seinfeld episode after this post.

5. WE LOVE and MISS YOU!

kenna said...

I am your local blog stalker. I had to tell you in church because hopefully then you wouldn't think I was too insane...

Your blog is good readin'.

McKenna Shumway

Sarah and Trevor said...

Seriously, you are hysterical. every time i read one of your blogs i can just picture you telling it to me in person with all your hand gestures and stuff. it's great. oh and i guess that makes us bad americans cause we just put ours in savings..

Cyndi said...

I will openly and very loudly admit that I am proud to be an American. There is no way that you can stand up and give the Pledge (especially at girls camp out in the beautiful country were we used to get to go) and not know that this is someplace extraordinarily special. I know this sounds probably pretty lame but I cherish the times at football and baseball games when they play the National Anthem and when you are at Sea World and before they start the show they make all the service men and women stand so that we can pay tribute to them. You can't help but get emotional at thinking that this is such a "gift" to live in this country. Every time I see some little old man stand up to be paid tribute to for serving our country and keeping America a free country it makes me believe more and more that this is truly a blessing that I was given to be born American. (I sorta got on my soap box on your comment page! Sorry) ( I kinda cried a little too while writing it!)