Wednesday, June 25, 2008

butt????

Rich and I aren't exactly what you'd call ...um...classy, when it comes to our vocabulary. While Rich doesn't exactly swear, he happens to be insanely creative with his "crude vocab" especially when playing Nintendo ( I'm so 90's that I call xbox a nintendo..whatev) I was going to list a few of my favorites but I heard my bishop reads my blog occasionally. So maybe I won't...Hi, bishop. And I don't think I need to address my colorful language but I DO have my limits and for the most part keep it clean. My father in law, Clive says there are 5 acceptable naughty words. If you'd like to know what they are, I'll tell you some other time. Anyways. I guess the dilemma I'm currently experiencing is the BUTT controversy. I have NO problems saying butt. I use it all day every day in phrases like " your butt looks cute,"and " I'm sitting on my butt," and " you're a freakin butt head" But I realize that that word is somewhat inappropriate for some people and not considered classy. Which I totally understand and can respect. BUTT, this is the thing. I hate the word BUM and all the other little words that are used to replace BUTT. I don't like bum, bottom, rear, seat, or phrases like "sit on your pockets." So what do I do????? Risk offending or change my ways? I do like hiney.... but not enough to make the switch..... so...what to do? I had this same problem with fart...wow this is shaping up to be my classiest blog yet....but have since solved that problem by deciding on "rip" still controversial, yet able to fly under the radar and if it does get picked up, it can be played off as funny. So....give me your BUTT replacement suggestions. Thanks.

6 comments:

Britney said...

booty

Julie and Kyle said...

ass

Branden said...

I agree with Brit, but I have a few suggestions of my own. Buttocks (a classic in my opinion), derriere (very proper, yet a little too stuffy), ASSet (self-explanatory), and trunk (as in junk in your...). Hope this helps.

Ciara said...

I would always say "derrier" because I had a french dance teacher and she always said, "tuck that derrier". I would also says "bon bon" as in "shake your bon bon" (thanks ricky martin)

Kristi said...

Honey-ba-hookey works in our house. I think it's from a movie...Something abotu shaking your honey-ba-hookey. Anyways, Taytum loves it and uses it all the time followed by a sweet giggle.

R. Efros said...

Gluts, as in the name of the muscle group, Pronounced: "Gloots." Massage Therapists and others in related fields use that term.